Reviews of Bushcraft/Survival Courses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Hi Gary, Stuart,

I've just moved to Yorkshire, my knife has been hardened, just needs a handle and sheath fitting, I'm pleased with it so far. However half my stuff, including unfinished knives, grinder and tools is still in Scotland.

I'm still using the F1, its seen a hell of a lot of use now and the more I use it the more I would find it hard to sustitute a different knife.

No I didn't know Orlando was on these forums, whats his user name? He showed me a cool knot for lanyards, but can't for the life of me seem to replicate it :-?

Thanks for the kind comments Sragey. I thought Ben and the woodsmoke team did a fine job of choosing the teams for the Abo, Yourself, Frojo and James are great blokes, It'd be good to catch up with the rest of them. Did you ever buy a F1 yourself? I know you were thinking about it.

Oh, that stag antler I found is making a realy good hat/coat stand at the mo :)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Orlando is on here too? Cool!

Well let us know when your finished Will (with the knife) I'd like to see a picture of it too.

Sounds like your ABO course was good.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i still haven't got an F1, i'm not supposed to be buying any tos till i've finished paying for the course! :lol: but the wish list isn't getting any shorter.

cheers, and.

J

jimbo

I can highly recommend John Ryder at woodcraftschool.co.uk
All his various courses are very infomative and above all,FUN! He has a great teaching ability heavily laced with humour and no hint of "primadonnaship". He is also probably the leading expert in this field in the UK but he does not sing his own praise at all and those in the know are aware of his standing.

Taq

Jan 18, 2004
Swansea
I've read jimbo's review of John Ryder and was interested in it. I am thinking of trying one of John's courses for myself later this year but would like to know if he has tried any other courses ? Who are 'those in the know' and how do I become one ?

Taq

Richard

Sep 30, 2003
Kent
www.trail-sense.co.uk
John Rhyder and his Woodcraft School are very good indeed. John really knows his stuff and has many years of teaching bushcraft both at his own school and at Ray Mears' Woodlore. From my experience with a number of schools and having researched and studied bushcraft for many years I can highly recommend John.

There are a number of other instructors out there who have worked at Woodlore (including Ray!) who come recommended by people I know and trust.

Hope this helps.

May 18, 2003
Cheshire
Have been reading this section with interest for a while, to help me decide on which courses to attend and with which companies.

I visited Ben and Lisa at Woodsmoke for a fundamental and later their week long bushcraft course, truly excellent. Been since for other courses, all good stuff. Another excellent company, which I will be visiting again.

I was pointed in the direction of John Rhyder and Caron at Woodcraft-School, a long haul from my humble shed, but well worth the drive, so much so I have driven down for several of their courses and looking forward to a reunion at the year end.

I can say that these companies are excellent and I will continue to be a customer of both. Obviously there are other excellent companies out there but I have not been on their courses, and so can only comment on personal experience.

These are my personal opinions and should be treated as such. Thanks for the opportunity to let others know.

BB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE