• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black-Dog

Nov 13, 2020
North East
Hello good outdoorsmen and women of bushcraft uk, I hope you're all doing well, and having a nice day

I have the ever so common DD frontline hammock

I foolishly removed the factory fitted rope from my hammock in attempt to replace with paracord, and im wondering if anyone has any tips on rethreading it with some paracord or something, the trouble is i cant get the cordage through the long sleeve of the gathered end of the hammock, i was wondering if anyone had any tips, anything would be massivly appriciated.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my enquiry, any ideas just throw them up, im completly stumped

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Get the biggest safety pin you can find or a kilt pin , attach rope and feed through. Probably have to melt the end of the rope to stop it fraying first.

Reactions: Black-Dog

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
The end of the tube is folded back on itself and so could trap your pin/ fid / metal wotnot as you get to the end. It can get a bit awkward but play around and you will get it though. I would use more then a single loop of 550 paracord mind!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Make you own stringing needle by using a piece of wire with the ends bent over to make eyes. Tape the cut ends so they're smooth then loop your cord in and start threading it through and you'll soon be sorted

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Have a look online for a cable access set/kit it's like a miniature set of drain rods but ment for pulling electric cables through access holes etc. Useful for all sorts of other stuff, fishing behind rads, drawstrings in shorts etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE