Replacement saw blade for Laplander?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You could try calling the Swdish sales office ....

SNA Europe [Sweden] AB
SE-745 82 Enköping
Visiting address: Tallbacksvägen 2, Enköping
Phone: +46 (0) 171-47 82 00
Fax: +46 (0) 171-47 82 38
Email: info.se@snaeurope.com

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Yes it is avaible at mears site. But 11 pounds? I might buy a new instead. But the thing is for me, is that from the beginning I used to have the laplander black and olivegreen, but I lost it or at least can´t find it in my garage. So I bought the version in orange and black colours in local workshop, the blade is intended more for green wood. But this weekend I broke the tip when sawing. It seems more fragile. (I also managed to cut a hole in my new Haglöfs fjell pants with that saw)
If I will buy a new green and black one it´s possible that I might end up with three laplanders (If the one missing shows up suddenly). Now, isn´t that a perfect problem for a bushcrafter like me ;-)

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
you can't find one in sweden? isn't bahco/sandvik a swedish company:confused:

pete
No. I haven´t found it on swedish sites. It´s probably out there somewhere, but it´s hard to find. I would hope that some swedes here at this forum, could give me some information, but I will go for a new saw, later I think...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
you can't find one in sweden? isn't bahco/sandvik a swedish company:confused:

pete

No. I haven´t found it on swedish sites. It´s probably out there somewhere, but it´s hard to find. I would hope that some swedes here at this forum, could give me some information, but I will go for a new saw, later I think...

You could try calling the Swdish sales office ....
SNA Europe [Sweden] AB
SE-745 82 Enköping
Visiting address: Tallbacksvägen 2, Enköping
Phone: +46 (0) 171-47 82 00
Fax: +46 (0) 171-47 82 38
Email: [EMAIL="info.se@snaeurope.com"]info.se@snaeurope.com[/EMAIL]

:rolleyes:

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
Alright, I will call ém. I´m waiting for an answer from a local dealer who has promised to check if he can get some sawblades...

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
I ended up with buying another OD Laplander. Let me show you some small difference between the two sawblades. First, here´s the two. Upper one with japanese sawtooth, intended more for greenwood, and lower one the OD version. It actually have a Nato no. 511-25-147-4344
laplanders.jpg

The fittings are slightly different but they both fit the opposite handle and locks well.
laplanders2.jpg

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
I resume this old post because just yesterday I bought the 396-JT model. The main differences between the two tools are related to the blade. The 396-JT, owing the features of a Japanese blade, works in a pull working movement (you must work in the pull phase of cutting rather than in the push phase) and has bigger teeths. You cut more wood but with more need for strenght. The blades can be swapped because the support is the same

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales

Try searching for "396-BLADE" or "7311518299057"

Ah just realise this is a zombie thread :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE