Replacement Leatherman Blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone know if its possible to obtain individual Replacement Leatherman Blades in the UK? Specifically the Wave.

I can't say i have the receipt anywhere to hand.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Anyone know if its possible to obtain individual Replacement Leatherman Blades in the UK? Specifically the Wave.

You don't need a receipt to do a warranty claim on Leatherman tools, I have done 7 warranty claims so far and currently on the fence about the 8th, as the model in question is obsolete.

Leatherman don't like you repairing your multi tools, just send it in.

Email Whitby, explain the fault, fill in the warranty document and post the tool and signed document. In week you will have a new tool sent to you.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I agree, they normally replace the whole thing unless requested (such as engraved sides etc).

Replacement parts, especially waves, are available on etsy (uk sources). Lots of folk modify tools, so most common parts are there as well as upgrades on blades

Reactions: TeeDee

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I agree, they normally replace the whole thing unless requested (such as engraved sides etc).

Replacement parts, especially waves, are available on etsy (uk sources). Lots of folk modify tools, so most common parts are there as well as upgrades on blades
Any blade sales on Etsy have been banned. Some might slip through, but most have blocks now.

At @TeeDee I take it you were looking for an s30v blade for the wave?

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Officially, no. But you'll find them on sharp & pointy thing forums. If you're just looking to replace a broken or damaged blade on a one for one basis, talk to Leatherman, they'll do it free. They replaced my Wave (broken small screwdriver, notched blade, damaged and loose pliers) with a brand new tool without quibble.

Edit: I also sent them an email to say that I thought the leather pouch on my (very early) Charge was too tight and they sent me a nylon one, again FOC and without questions.

Reactions: TeeDee

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales

You don’t need a receipt, Whitby’s will replace it no questions asked. Sometimes you may receive a reconditioned one in exchange. I’m on my 5th replacement.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
You don't need a receipt to do a warranty claim on Leatherman tools, I have done 7 warranty claims so far and currently on the fence about the 8th, as the model in question is obsolete.

Leatherman don't like you repairing your multi tools, just send it in.

Email Whitby, explain the fault, fill in the warranty document and post the tool and signed document. In week you will have a new tool sent to you.

I did a warranty claim on an obsolete model (I didn’t know was obsolete) and I got sent the updated version - which was a shame to me as I was a bit sentimental about the old one because of who gifted it to me :( I wish I had kept it as it was only a broken screwdriver blade :(

I have done 3 warranty claims on 2 different leathermans and I haven’t had to produce the receipt either

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE