Remote places in Britain for camp? + my New Zealand Experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
When I had an overnighter on Sully island (S Wales) I certainly was isolated.

Except for the container vessels and the jets.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
You can have isolation right on your door step,eg the beach i use when i want to get away is very close to me,theres a farm less than a mile away but due to its location in all the times ive been there(alot) ive only ever had two lots of people on it at the same time as myself,and both of those where sea kayaker's who'd just stopped for a quick brew/rest.

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
I live next to Cambridge so I think Wales will be my best bet as its a little closer lol NZ is amazing, I was overwhelmed by how much land and no people were around. Fresh water springs on the beach, nice people. I wouldn’t call that weta beautiful but it was certainly different.

The escape and evasion does sound fun, I have just been watching prison break.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Haha you know it? It was MT Taranaki, How hard is that trail, I wanted to stop at the Holly hut but we had to keep going to the next hut otherwise the next day would have been very hard. I was unable to film much of the second day as my batteries died. That Weta beetle does look very mean :)

Yep I know Mt Taranaki pretty well it's about 3-4 hrs drive from here I've done the RTM a couple of times and been up and over the summit a few times as well. It's a nice mountain.

The RTM track is by NZ standards a pretty good track. Did you do the RTM or did you do the Pouakai range loop? Thats about 25k IIRC..

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I live next to Cambridge so I think Wales will be my best bet as its a little closer lol NZ is amazing, I was overwhelmed by how much land and no people were around. Fresh water springs on the beach, nice people. I wouldn’t call that weta beautiful but it was certainly different.

The escape and evasion does sound fun, I have just been watching prison break.

I've just been watching RM's Extreme Survival military survival episode and could quite fancy a trip to Dartmoor for a spot of E&E. Never built an a-frame shelter, but I think that could be a summer experience.

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
It must have been the Pouakai loop mate, it was about 25k, all I know is I was glad to see the end. I had an apparentment in Auckland, 9 dollars for a pint it costs so much! then I did some Forestry in Wellingdon then worked on a ranch in New Plymouth, I am coming back for the world cup :D

Dartmoor seems like a lovely place, I would love to go somewhere like that this Summer :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE