New joiner in the New Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 18, 2024
sp61td
I am based in the New Forest and just joined. I have a fair bit of outdoor experience in a number of environments from UK Forests to the Middle East and the Arctic.

My main interest in outdoor activity now stems around hunting and fishing. I joined in order to be able to message people in the classifieds.

Reactions: TeeDee

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello PostmanP,
Welcome to the forum.
Mesquite beat me to it!
Regarding PMs. All new members' first few posts (five I believe) must be manually approved by a moderator before they appear on the forum. Once that threshold is reached, the member is able to initiate conversations by PM. I will say that the intent is that those first five posts are made because you are communicating, interacting or participating in conversations. It is worth mentioning that trying to reach that threshold with minimal effort posts, such as writing "Hello...." on other new members' intro threads, is historically a good way to get banned as a scammer/spammer.

ATB

Chris

Mar 18, 2024
sp61td
Hello PostmanP,
Welcome to the forum.
Mesquite beat me to it!
Regarding PMs. All new members' first few posts (five I believe) must be manually approved by a moderator before they appear on the forum. Once that threshold is reached, the member is able to initiate conversations by PM. I will say that the intent is that those first five posts are made because you are communicating, interacting or participating in conversations. It is worth mentioning that trying to reach that threshold with minimal effort posts, such as writing "Hello...." on other new members' intro threads, is historically a good way to get banned as a scammer/spammer.

ATB

Chris
Thanks Chris, oh dear, I thought that might be the case and may have done exactly that.

If any moderator is reading this.....I promise I'm a real boy

• Haha
Reactions: Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE