Reindeer & Rabbit Viking Hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I have had a few messages off members asking where the hell I am hiding, so thought I would stick my head in the door with a very small update ;)

Me and swmbo are still traveling in Norway, so i have not had much time for bcuk with farm work keeping us busy. I was feeling very out of touch with it all, until we came to this current farm, where my main job is to make as much leather clothing as possible for a stone age project. We are also building a leather boat and sailing it in two weeks, but more on that later ;)

Anyway this week i have been stuck indoors with an old injury playing up, so decided to make myself a new viking hat to lift the spirits. It is made from reindeer leather which has been dyed, oiled, and rubbed with fat. The fur trim is rabbit fur, from one of the farms stock.

Thanks for looking, and more updates are coming!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Great hat Hamish, lovely job; can see you being in season 3 of VIKINGS yet - ( the mad skilled Pict that they pic up when blown off course and end up in Aberdeen, "Fit like loon!, that's a braw axe ye've broucht wi ye!")

I bet it toasty in the cold over there. Good luck with the rest of the projects, especially the leather boat - would love to see pics of that.

Looks a wee bit like my old sheepskin jobby.
IMG_0806.JPG

Going to take the studs off it as the flaps stay up when not needed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE