Regular South Wales meets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Aloha!

So who are the main boys I need to be speaking to who organise the South Wales meets?
I live in Swansea but im from Glynneath and know the Neath valley like the back of my hand if anyone fancies a weekend trip soon? But im open to all the meets that are around Wales so can someone enlighten me, or does anyone fancy one soon?

So to get an idea whos interested in Camping in the Beacons early in Febuary, are as follows:

Blaen Nedd Isaf (Farm)

Postcode: CF44 9JG

Date 3rd - 5th Feb

Jaymzflood
John Fenna
Frogo
Sapper1
Dougster + 2 dogs
Rob1983
Woodstock
Into_the_wild
Mancalleddave + Dog
Jedadiah + 2 dogs
WinstonSmith
markheolddu + son (saturday)
Nigel
Redandshane
Bucephalas

Last edited:

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
I forgot i am off to see Omid Djalili on 28th Jan, can you make 4th-6th Feb? Waterfall Country in Pontneddfechan (bottom of the beacons, absolutley stunning place)

Some pics of the last time I was there.

Woodland Area
bf57f3ee.jpg

Sgwd Yr Gam
d80cf9fa.jpg

River that runs to a HUGE waterfall
7ac0f546.jpg

The huge waterfall (lady Falls)
81914633.jpg

More woodland area
dae74d38.jpg

On the map
8491fed8.jpg

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looks good - is it an official site or a permission you have organised?
What is the availability of firewood/perm to have fires etc?
I can do early feb:)

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
The pictures provded are inside the brecon beacons, but well out of the way from any civilization/farms/huntsman! ;)

Last edited:

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
But I also know of a free site in Ystrafelte that a river runs next to, this is also inside the beacons but the last time I camped there, there were a few kids up there all doing their thing

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My days of camping outside of authorised site (privately negotiated or public campsites) are in the past now as I have no desire to be accused of tresspass or damaging woodlands :)
I know of a cheap, authorised site near there ... but it has no facilities or firewood (BYO) ....

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Ive always been careful where I camp, If i think im going to damage or put anything in danger, Ill move on. Having camped here before, and people who regularly camp there, I dont think a couple of experienced craftsmen are going to get a slap on the wrist.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE