Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
You guys are welcome back anytime :) (with only one exception, but I'm sure he knows who he is :rant: )

It was good to see so many like minded folk out in the woods, much more fun than a pub! :D I'm up for hosting another get together sometime, since I have the perfect venue :rolleyes: I think next time I'll try and get some more things organised, such as sorting out what we will be doing regarding food before arrival. Maybe get a bit of an animal in before hand and have it in the pit oven ready and waiting? :dunno: Any other suggestions are very welcome of course

Something that I found (as did Charlotte) very amusing was that after the first 20 minutes of bushcraft kit talk, the conversation took a definite turn in an unexpected direction! :theyareon So maybe I need to get a dungeon built for next time :lmao:

Anyway, thanks for a great time everyone. And thanks for bringing such a lively array of tipples :beerchug:

Alex UK

Feb 5, 2009
Devon
Thanks Dave.

A lovely evening, in a lovely venue, with some lovely people.

Can't wait for the next one - even if it is just meeting up in a pub, still nice to catch up with like minded folk.

Thanks again.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id be delighted to come again.

Il get my friend to join the forum before he comes again, and to leave his too innovachitive tent at home.

(but Im wondering if its possible to fit pnumatic tubes to a regular dome tent.)

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
Thanks to one and all for an excellent meet, superb company and interesting conversation, not to mention the variety of liquors. Special thanks to Dave and Charlotte for their hospitality and beautiful venue.
So, to all witchcrafters :You_Rock_

Matt.

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
MANY thanks Dave and Charlotte, what a crackin' weekend! Having met a couple of the witchcrafters before, I wasnt even slightly suprised by the slant of most conversations, but did find it amusing that chris exacerbated the situation with the gay dance (amongst other things hehe). What a giggle! Brilliant to meet all those who I hadnt before, and cheers for teaching me the pop(lager)can burner justin, im like a child with a new toy...hang on.. :D Anyway, great time was had, thanks again to mr budd for making it possible. Ps. Nobody talk to Chris, he has less than 50 posts ;) Joy x

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Thanks for havin us Dave and Charlotte, had a great time. Don't think I'll ever look at bass players the same again though... and as for single-edged vs. double-edged knives I think the less said on this 'family friendly' site the better.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Sorry I missed this one - I'd been up for over 36hrs on Saturday and just crashed! :(

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one - looks like you all had a great time!

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
What perfect hosts. :D :grouphug:
Water, fire and a lovely wood. :wow1:
Mix it in with some good company and a splash of booze:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Bass players, rubber, leather, dressing up, inflatable things in the wood, getting wood:tapedshut
What a great night and remember.......
"WHAT GOES ON IN THE WOOD, STAYS IN THE WOOD!":D

Oh I see that Chris has got over 50 posts so is it's OK to talk to him now?

I bought a knife as well, so there Chris:twak:

Oh, and killing off Charlie Bronson from Grange Hill with a naked lap dance!!!!!!! You naughty boy J.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
And why we are on the subject -What Gay dance!!??

The one we filmed and posted on Youtube Chris ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2QTSf9TIo

Oh, and killing off Charlie Bronson from Grange Hill with a naked lap dance!!!!!!! You naughty boy J.

There was never any proof that was what killed him mate :D

Thanks to Dave, Charlotte and Saxen for hosting such a ragtag bunch of degenerates, it was a great night and I look forward to doing it again soon.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
i think that will about do it for the " i have never" game! :tapedshut

what a larf:lmao:

great company, geat times!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
when we had our first British Blades get together a few years back there was an entertaining conversation had between a British maker who liked big ugly bowies and a Scandinavian maker, who liked small blades. The Brit asked the Scandi why they always make such small knives. His reply was simply "because I don't need the extension".

And that is why I make miniatures :naughty:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I hope you lot aint knocking my Nessy!! Especially you Dave,you made it!!
Anyhow I love it,I know a bit about what works for me as a blade and my Greenman takes care of all my bushcraft needs but that Nessy just felt SO nice in the hand! And a real beauty! I am picking it up at the knife show this Sunday,so anyone coming can have a fondle! (and you can see what the knife feels like aswell if you like!)

C da C
p.s When we doing it again!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE