Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I dunno bout passports - tetnus shot maybe!!

Both locations are just off of the A303, infact one is literally right beside it lol
Near Yeovil So bout 30 mins drive into Somerset from Devon.#

J

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Jaysurfer - Think everyone will be willing to travel a little bit, and sure amongst ourselves we can organzie some lift share.

Do you need to check with anyone if its OK for a bit of a meet up?
Don't know how many people will come out for this one so it may just be a sedate affair to meet up for a beer and chin-wag.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
No i don't need to check with anyone. Both woodlands are communal areas for the people of the local shire's. I approached the copse committee previously with intentions to do the same with Scouts and they said i was welcome to do that sort of thing, Overnight camp and cook anytime i wanted and the woods were there to be used!

Anyone is more than welcome to come up at some point n see what they think / have a walk round and the woods. The good bit is that if there is alot of people then the two woods are only bout a mile apart so could always split into two but would be better to keep together.

As i said before neither woods have toilet or water access, the woods are used by other people so may see people around but during the day i would ask that any wood is retrieved from the floor - i don't really want people asking me why I was up there with people chopping down trees when all we were doing was sawing off a branch lol The trouble with village gossip unfortunately.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Jay , This sounds ideal

Why don't you pick a date that suits you and then we can post up.
Even if it turns out to be a smaller gathering it will good to get out.

Water wise, we'll have to see how many are going and then sort out some logistics for bringing water onto site.

What village are the woods near? want to have peek on google map.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
well up for a meet as soon as!! got some kit to test that i have made and i'd like to get out as much as i can in the summer!

give us a location and date then jay and we'l see who's up for it!!:D

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well I can do any weekend really guys....
I've just got back from Glastonbury (got work in the morning!!!!) How about we say one wknd out of the next two.

You lot can decide - My house is only a mile from the woods so water isn't a problem as long as people have things to put the water in lol

I have a collection of knives, saw's and axes that people are welcome to try out / practice with.
Anyone fancy doing a group meal for the sat night??
Considering i live a mile away i can pretty much provide whatever we need.
The woods are in between Sparkford and Queen Camel and the 2nd location is right next to the A303 above Queen Camel.
Not very bushcrafty i know but thee is also a Mc Donalds (not for me) but just in case any novices wanna join us but don't wanna cook at camp lol

Lookin forward to it already... let me kno when is good for you lot

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Thought i'd start a list of people interested in coming to our (primative and novice) get together.... Thought if i started it here and got people who have been pro-active in this discussion first refusal and then we can start a new post just for this meet and open the invite out to others.

Date is still to be confirmed - I get the impression we'd all like to do it in the next couple of weeks tho?

So we have....

Jay (surfer)
Craven
Tee Dee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have a tracking course booked in for the 17th -19th July , just to give you the heads up, I obviously won't be able to make that particular weekend..

Thanks for sorting this out Jaysurfer.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Thats fine Tee Dee.

How about this coming wknd 4+5th
or the wknd after 11th + 12th ????

The sooner we get out the better and then we can organise another one before our summer vanishes all together lol

Oh has anyone got any home made brew? I have some home made wine - it's always good round the fire.....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just speaking for myself here , so if you need to organzie something go ahead.

I'm in the middle of my shift cycle which means the 1st available fri/sat period for me is the 24th/25th July ( GLUM )

If enough can make it before that , do it , if i don't make this one i 'll make the next.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
i'm up for any w/end as long as i have some notice i'm pritty flexable, want to get out as much as poss this summer so i'm game jay! your wood is about an hour away from me, and i finish at 2:30 0n a friday!

Emma87

Jun 21, 2009
Exeter
i dont know many of you guys but id definatly be up for coming if thats ok, i live in exeter so not too far. weekend of the 25th would be great if that was a good weekend for most people.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Ok so lets organise a big (ish) one for the 25th... Emma and Tee Dee your on the List.

Craven do you wanna come up for a little reccy and wknd to have a look and chill then we can try and organise it and you'll have some idea when itcomes to the 25th?

J

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
yeah sounds like a plan jay! how does the w/end of the 10th sound, bit short notice for this w/end??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE