Regular Devon( south west ? ) get together??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Dave,I may come down aswell if thats coolio with you,just waiting for swmbo to get back to me re-date.
I'm on the door again at the knife show in May,I take it you have a table again this year?
All the best.
Chris.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Okay the list currently stands as:

Paul (craven)
Jaysurfer
Dave B
Gunslinger
Matts
Tengu + 1
Harryhawk
Teedee
Outdoorgirl???
Joy R
Steve M
rawshak + Lorna

I have some bitter that should be ready in time if anyone's interested...

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Well i'll bring some 'real' cider i expect for the communal table.
I'll be there at some point - at t mo i don't know when as I have a team taking part in Ten Tors that weekend. But while they are walking i'll let someone else stay on the Army camp while i come and have a bit of fun.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
plenty of room guys, so we have:

Paul (craven)
Jaysurfer
Dave B
Gunslinger
Matts
Tengu + 1
Harryhawk
Teedee
Outdoorgirl???
Joy R
Steve M
rawshak + Lorna
Alex UK
Chris the Cat

Be good to see you again Chris and yes I have a table at the Knife show :)

HarryHawk, glad to hear about the bunnies. Charlotte said that she wants at least one for the dog! :rolleyes:

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I'm going to drop some rabbit boxes on Saturday night and should get some nice clean lead free bunnies Sunday morning. If I section them up and put them in the freezer shall I bring some along for a stew/communal cook up?

Not such a good drop. 1x full grown and 14x little tackers (released to grow a bit bigger).
Looks like a trip out with the rifle is in order.:AR15firin

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thanks Dave,all coolio with SWMBO re-dates so look forward to seeing you and putting some faces to the names on this forum!
Cheers.
Chris.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Dave,any water on site or are we carrying it in?
Also,whats with the rather lovely Nessies on your site,thought it was not a blade shape you were keen on! Those two are beauties,are the handles Yew?
Very nice work mate,see ya soon.
Chris.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I was planning on this being a saturday evening through to sunday evening thing.

I'm away on friday so I won't be around for campers friday night.

I think this time around keep small (ish). The original plan was to get together around a campfire saturday evening rather than a pub. Then we can generally prat about sunday and disband during sunday at will.

Chris, there is rain water on site, but no 'clean' drinking water. So unless you are happy drinking what comes off my workshop roof (I do), then you will have to bring it with you I'm afraid. The nessy handles are ironwood and cherry. I only got around to making them because Wayne Goddard asked if I had a picture of one for Blade magazine ;)

There is plenty of firewood but it will need gathering :D

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Thats cool Dave.
Having made the nessies has your opinion changed? Just wonder,as a user of your knives, what your feelings about them are?!
Real ale or Whisky mate?
My best.
Chris.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
to be honest Chris I've not really played with them yet. Certainly I don't prefer making them as these are based on the original lines, so they are thin blades and about 6" in length. that means more likely to warp in heat treat. I can certainly see the merits of the blade but I don't know about the swell towards the tip. I need to try them out really :rolleyes:

either mate, you know me, I'm easy :D

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Hi all. Would someone be so kind as to pm me with some clear directions, ill be coming up on my moped (hehe!) from barnstaple way, the clearer the directions the better as i will have to stop and deglove etc if i want to look at a map! :) Also, if anyone is happy to pm me their mobile number incase i do get lost somewhere so i can call and work it out, that would be much appreciated! Joy

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I'm going to pm directions out today/tomorrow to all those on the list. ;)

I have a SERIOUSLY grumpy (miserable old....) neighbour who must be avoided while crossing his land, so i have to send out strick instructions to those attending. He is the constant thorn in my behind :censored:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE