Red Deer Woggles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...right...there's been a lot of interest in these so i'm going to offer them up in here....

the only two left available are the bigger ones at back left and back right...they have 20mm diameter holes and are probably more suitable for ladies scarves....

so...tonight i'm going to start work on some more...and i'm going to do them with 16mm holes to ensure a nice grip on scout/cub/beaver scarves which tend to be of a fairly thin material as far as i know...and they will all be at least an inch long...please contact me if you'd like one....some will be 'plainer/whiter'....others will have marrow...price is 25gbp by paypal only please and that includes 2nd class recorded.

i'd also really appreciate your comments/input and customer feedback as this is a new product for me and i like to provide the best i can.

regards!

s

ps....and if anyone wonders why they are 25 quid each...please see below

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There is loads of flesh left there before you actually work your fingers to the bone :rolleyes:
Great work as usual

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo....nope.....this was caused by repeated attacks on my poor old self by my belt sander....when making this sort of thing (and firesteel handles) i can only get so many done at one time....takes about a week to all grow back before i can let my sander rip my flesh off again and get on and make more....its an ongoing process....my fingers have looked pretty much like this on and off for last couple of years....

at least i get a red carpet every time i walk through the house!!!!! lolol!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
yo....nope.....this was caused by repeated attacks on my poor old self by my belt sander....when making this sort of thing (and firesteel handles) i can only get so many done at one time....takes about a week to all grow back before i can let my sander rip my flesh off again and get on and make more....its an ongoing process....my fingers have looked pretty much like this on and off for last couple of years....

at least i get a red carpet every time i walk through the house!!!!! lolol!

Just a thought - you could maybe centre them on post - fit the entire shebang in a drill then fix a strip of emery paper on a surface and rotate the piece with the drill against the surface. Should be much kinder on the fingers?

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
aw bless....see dwardo....mountains nice to me!!! lolol

though not sure thats do-able....but youre welcome to show me if youre ever round....need to have a lot of control over the piece and apply a lot of downward pressure....and its not all 'straight'....lots of angles etc....and theres a lot to grind off...and its rock hard

i'm thinking of hiring a slave to bleed for me....:p

a
Just a thought - you could maybe centre them on post - fit the entire shebang in a drill then fix a strip of emery paper on a surface and rotate the piece with the drill against the surface. Should be much kinder on the fingers?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I get the same kind of manicure when I grind out my flint strikers ... but not so impressive as yours!
Those woggles look worth it though!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol chris....and john....big hug from a fellow sufferer!.....let us just remember not to shake hands when we meet for the first time as one of us may lose a digit or hand! lol!

s

I get the same kind of manicure when I grind out my flint strikers ... but not so impressive as yours!
Those woggles look worth it though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE