Recycled axe head

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
A few weeks ago i was working at a old georgen house when i stumbled across this sorry looking axe, it was riddled with wood worm and coated with a nice thick layer of rust. been a sentimental fool i decided to take it home ( as ya do)..

Seen as ther isnt much to do on an evening apart from browns the tinters or watch a spot of tv i thought id dig out my opinel give it a quick sharpen and see wat i could muster, a few hours later i have what is starting to resemble an axe..

The head after a quick brush down with a wire brush

The first stage of the handle.( originally a 3x3 bit of maple)

As u can see it far from complete but i just thought id pop it up as is so u can have a quick look..

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You have the makings of a fine and charachterul axe there mate! How dod you wedge the handle? Hardwood or did you use a mteal or ring wedge?

Anywhoo...nice axe head!

Red

Apac

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2007
Hull, uk
Thanks mate, i thought it fitting to salvage a piece of the original hard wood handle. its made a nice snug fit. altho ill be removing it in the next stage in order to carve the correct shape of the head in to the handle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE