Recovery time...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...is it just me getting older... but it seems to take longer and longer to get over my weekends away with the scouts. Monday I'm a little jaded...Tuesday I'm flagged...and it's not until the end of the week that I start to feel back to normal (whatever that is).

What about the rest of you...after a hectic weekend out and about are you sprightly on Monday, or do you struggle for a day or two.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Yes I do a lot of excersize when out and camping so I feel it in my lefs and shoulders for the next two days.

Im normally right as rain two days later, apart from the mozzie bites.

So far Ive managed to go camping 5 weekends in a row woohoo go me!!

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I'm usually wrecked after weekends but there is a reason for it, when out camping (especially with scouts) you do a lot more physical activity than you do on an average day which your body cannot handle but there is a simple solution to the problem, Taking in about 6,000kal a day will leave you feeling fine after a weekend :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
or you lot need to grow young coss i am 22 and i sometimes get home from camping on sunday at say 4.00 and go and ave two ours sleep then go to work at seven and do a Tweleve our shift but i am sure that will change as i get older

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
yes it is the same for me always takes a day or to to recover but it beats watching the old goggle box and im 57 regards dave

cbkernow

Forager
Jun 18, 2009
cornwall
its lack of sleep that does me in on camp. Usually kids off to bed by midnight but always nice to have a chat and glass of wine round the fire with other leaders, so rarely in bed before 2am . then being camp I'm usually up at 7 at the latest to enjoy a cup of tea before the kids get up.

Force myself not to lie down when I get home otherwise I'll sleep for a couple of hours and feel worse! Bed about 9 and then don't feel too bad for Monday morning.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
I'm now suffering with old injuries playing up. Shoulder from dislocation seems to flare up, pop out and take forever to heal, previous breaks ache with the damp and on it goes (all that abuse when I was younger - take note Drew!).
The mind is still 26 though...... and thinks the body is too....

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Stovie, I find that the second day after is the more painful.

Gordy

Agreed...100%....I think I'm still running on adrenaline monday, and come Tuesday the kidneys have had enough (adrenal glands that is...) sorry, muttering shop to myself

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<sigh>

Wish I could lend BB out. I took the bladed brush cutter out today to the stack yard behind the barn (needs some new tiles before the winter)....then teak oiled two benches, six chairs, two tables, and a swing seat (three coats each). She told me to spend more time sitting down and drinking beer (bless her).

Can't work out whether to shift two tonne of wood chip tomorrow or chop back another 20' of border. Both get old really quick!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE