Recommend me a rucksack please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
That's why I bought one - have yet to see a negative review, unlike some of the more expensive packs out there. Also had a couple of personal recommendations.

Not helping the OP, though, who is looking for something smaller. I thought the Bulldog Recon Pack looked well priced but no pictures of the back available & frankly I think all that MOLLE webbing just adds weight

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Dont like the look of the pockets on that really..

Sorry if i'm being too picky! Do like the Bulldog but the webbing puts me off and i like the Munro but the size.. Decisions!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Well my Highlander 33 arrived this morning & I'm pretty happy with it so far - much lighter than I anticipated & I've managed to squeeze all my stuff into it for a night.

Have you considered their 25l model?

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Well my Highlander 33 arrived this morning & I'm pretty happy with it so far - much lighter than I anticipated & I've managed to squeeze all my stuff into it for a night.

Have you considered their 25l model?

Glad you like the pack :)
I have looked at the 25 but not fond of the way the pockets sit, their odd shaped and just.. well- odd!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
They're not the biggest pockets, are they, but reasonably useful. I wanted a slim bag anyway and the fact that they don't stick out too far is a bonus

I bought my wife an 18ltr pack from Mountain Warehouse which is pretty good. Ripstop & with an elastic mesh on the front. It wasn't expensive. Do you need side pockets at all?

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
They're not the biggest pockets, are they, but reasonably useful. I wanted a slim bag anyway and the fact that they don't stick out too far is a bonus

I bought my wife an 18ltr pack from Mountain Warehouse which is pretty good. Ripstop & with an elastic mesh on the front. It wasn't expensive. Do you need side pockets at all?

I've had a look in a few shops for packs but nothing yet. No sidepockets are not needed but not unwanted either, always come in handy :)

Power

May 28, 2012
UK
Hi,

to jump on to this thread, i am looking for a large size 70 ltr plus for a 5 day+ hiking at about 20kg weight (all kit included as no drop offs or re-stocks available on route), can anyone recomend a good pack that is large enough and not stupidly heavy but has a good comfort to it?

Cheers

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Munro. Nuff said.

Yep, pretty much. :)

w1220.jpg

Power

May 28, 2012
UK
cheers for the help, im 6ft and bout the £100 mark, not fussed on the style, as long as its robust and a good comfort as i have and have ones that feel like im carrying a shed on my back.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE