Recommend Me a Good Neck Knife Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 9, 2013
Bury St Edmunds
Hi All,

After having built up a couple of bushcraft/Woodlore type kits, and really loved the build process, I'm now looking to try something smaller.

I'm after a neck knife building kit. I don't really have the gear for good heat treating so need a heat treated blade. If push comes to shove, I have a few bits of of micarta and nice woods for handles and leather for a sheath so just a blade blank will do.

I'm after something compact (2.0" to 2.5" blade?) tough, bombproof and robust. Ideally something with (some) corrosion resistance so it can be the be-all, use everywhere necker.

I'll be making my own sheath (probably one simple/basic one and a more complete one with options for the knife to be pars of a general survival kit).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

James

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Primitive man was selling one off the other day for £15 !, i've just got one of his neckers, & they are very good indeed for the money.

Rob

Feb 9, 2013
Bury St Edmunds
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I looked at the smaller Enzos - the Trapper was one of the kits I have tried already and I've been quite pleased with its simplicity and functionality. However, I am now really after something less mass-produced and something more unique with a bit more soul and personality. Currently in negotiations with HillBill...

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE