Pennillion Neck Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Unique neck knife made by Mick Pennillion ….it has a Damascus blade and a mammoth scales and comes with a handmade sheath.
Blade Length is one and three quarter inches
overall length is four inches
it has never been used or carried and comes with the original edge. There is a smallgroove on one scale but does not affect the knife.
£90 including PayPal and postage in the UK

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Mantanna

Dec 23, 2013
London
Hiya, been a while. Hope your well? The neck knife. Sure its a Damascus blade, got any better pics at all? Is it a hollow grind?.

Regards
Arif.

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
I’ve always believed it was Damascus but I can always check with Mik himself to be certain. He spends a lot of time on Edgematters.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0407.jpeg
    IMG_0407.jpeg
    465.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0406.jpeg
    IMG_0406.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0405.jpeg
    IMG_0405.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 62

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
Hiya, been a while. Hope your well? The neck knife. Sure its a Damascus blade, got any better pics at all? Is it a hollow grind?.

Regards
Arif.
Hi Arif, here is an explanation from the maker, hope it makes sense.

As for the neck knife . . if it had mammoth scales then i would only have put them on a damascus blade. Some blade makers use damascus steel for the blade area, and weld it to regular steel that goes under the scales. It's a way of cutting their costs.

Because on the length of the spine you would have a transition between patterned damascus and plain steel, i would sometimes sand the damascus pattern on the blade spine area, and polish it so all the spine stayed the same along the whole length.

Jun 24, 2021
England
The line in the ivory would not have gone al the was through the scale, just the surface and was secure when made. The blade as Dave says, is definitely damascus welded to a regular steel. I removed pattern on the spine to make it smooth and not have a transition between the different steels.

The blade was bought from a blade maker in the USA. Sorry i cannot remember the name

Reactions: Diamond Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE