Recommend me a courier please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If I win a bid on ebay, I need to arrange a courier to pick up a largish parcel in Coventry and to arrange it's delivery to Lanarkshire.

Has anyone any good recommendations for a suitably reliable courier ?

cheers,
M

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Don't use APC couriers...Bunch of incompetent fools who damage stuff then refuse to investigate and compensate, even when sent photo's of the unrepairable damage they had caused...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Definitely avoid DPD couriers - they are notorious for "carding"

Parcels2go are okay, the best I have encountered professionally are Interlink Express - excellent reputation

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you :D
I need to know that they'd give the seller a reasonable time frame for pick up, and do so, instead of leaving her hanging around waiting for them, too.

cheers,
M

rckape

Jul 26, 2013
East Midlands, UK
I've never commissioned a courier for collection. But the most reliable and best service I have received has been from DPD.

They email and text you with a 2 hour slot when they expect your parcel to arrive.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
All I would say is that when you pack something to send, pack it well and pack it that you would be happy to drop it from shoulder hight, and stand on it. I used to work in IT and have see my stuff arrive with boot marks on, just pack you stuff well

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Myhermes are great and very reasonable. They collect or have various shops where u can drop your parcel in. They deliver items upto 15kg.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I been using Hermes to deliver my Parcels to the guys and Girls, have had no problems as of yet.....

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I use MyHermes for smaller and Interparcel for larger. It's worth checking if the seller is happy or able to print barcodes/labels out for you or not as that may influence your choice of courier. Some of the services available through interparcel don't require a printer.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
I find Collect+ and Hermes (both very similar) to be great. Just need to deliver the parcel to one of their drop off shops (there seems to be collect+ in all BP petrol stations). If the seller isn't willing to deliver the parcel, I'm in Coventry on Friday and Saturday and could sort the postage for you if convenient.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
+1 vote for myhermes have sent 2 things and found them to be very reasonable and well run. The post office wanted 10 quid for posting a package, myhermes wanted £5. Use them toddy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE