Recomend me a Journal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am looking to make a few notes whilst out and about, bushcrafting and working so am looking for a nice journal. anyone got any ideas?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Wayland has a neat A5 notebook that he's using for all his Arctic notes.

It looks a bit like this one but I seem to remember him saying he'd got his from Asda's
51jI2G7CcbL.jpg

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Eric Methven, made me an A5 cover that takes the "reporter style" note pads, i use that every working day, very happy with it.

Rob

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was looking at them in waterstones the other day in a sale, moleskines that it, I was tempted I had to say but still couldn't part with the money for them. What actually makes them so good?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The only special thing about a moleskine notebook is the name really.
Many famous writers have used them.
That said, they do come in loads of sizes/formats.
I used to pick them up in waterstones when they came up in the 3 for 2 deal.

If you look around you can get replicas fairly easily though.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I think the pages are pretty well fixed (a combination of stitching and glue) and the paper is good quality.

I have one that I use when I make covers and the cover is starting to split a bit....... In it's defence I do make my covers nice and snug so they took a bit of a battering while I was getting my templates sorted.

I did see a range of (what looked) identical notebooks at about 1/2 the price but can't for the life of me remember where!:rolleyes:

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I use Rite-in -the-Rain waterproof notebooks for both work and outdoors use. They're prety good kit, though they are hard to find in anything other than military green or tan. Several military kit suppliers stock them in various sizes, as well as cordura covers to carry bits like pens and other bits in. there is a special pen for use with them, but alternative technology (a 2B pencil) is just as good.

i'd go with moleskine and then get a leather cover
but then as g4ghb has put up a photo of the one he made me i would say that wouldnt i :)
something i like about the moleskine is when you have filled it and replace it with a fresh one the filled one doesn't look too bad on a shelf as part of the bush library

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
notebook1.jpg

I like making A3 size notebooks, ususally using plain p/copy paper, but have in the past printed templates on the pages before assembly, ie squared paper, list boxes. lined etc.
I also bind printed articles together from the net as reference in an A5 page size, for ease of storage/access.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE