Recent work.... some new stuff

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thats some lovely work Mark , the F&S knife and the orange handled knife appeals greatly.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Mark, you have surpassed yourself with that lot Sir, superb work !

Thanks Robbi. :)

Great work as always Mark. I like the Clipper style one.

Cheers Colin :)

Thats some lovely work Mark , the F&S knife and the orange handled knife appeals greatly.

Thanks TD :)

Excelent work Mark(as usual), is the "orange" one, one of your model line or a one off ?.

Rob

Cheers Rob. :)

It will be added to my range. I really need to update my website... i have about 8 new models to put on there. This one will go under Hunting knives.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
that sykes is incredible mate....they all are....liking the dye job on the top brown sheath too....youre an absolutely brilliant knifemaker and you keep on surpassing your own skill level regularly and evolving new ideas and designs....even your leatherwork is better than most knifemakers manage for themselves leave alone the blades you produce...totally bespoke and perfectly executed.....top respect!!! top!!!

s

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks Sonni. :) The dye jobs your fault..... layer over layer over layer over... ad infinitum.......... :) I got an airbrush though :p

Skill, without evolution leads to a stalemate...... if you don't evolve.. you die...... law of life mate :)

Keep yourself well dude!! And keep up your own good work!!!

You watched S5 ep 10 yet?

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
This whole thread makes me anticipate the arrival of my Crow even more, awesome stuff

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Alot of seasoned makers struggle with symmetrical double edged daggers, but you've certainly pulled it off and it does look superb.

Keep it up mate, good to see you've got back on the horse. :)

richardhomer

Settler
Aug 23, 2012
STOURBRIDGE
Hi guys.

I've not posted any work up for a while, and i've been making some different things than the norm lately so i thought i would share. Not all bushcrafty though. :)

This first one... A damascus Fairbairn Sykes, was quite a challenge, having never done a double edged blade before, and the way i grind, with the blade in my hand the whole time made it a little bit scary!! The chap wanted his initials etching on the blade, so i decided to set a silver plate into the steel as i thought the etching wouldn't show up too well with the etched damascus.

The second one was for the same chap, Had to filework the spine on this one. I've only ever attempted filework once before, and it didn't turn out great. :)

Hope you like them :)

(pic heavy)

Cracking work mate !

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Nice work mate!

I think I'll be contacting you about something similar to the orange one - I have a big birthday coming up next year... could be a self-present...

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Ere mark, just out of interest, is there a reason that croc sheath is cut and sewn on both sides of the blade rather than folded and sewn on one side?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
No real reason mate, just follows the shape better... and i like to make my life more difficult lol.

Will probably change it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE