Really? Bushmoot weather...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
5d604cb7-9191-2dd5.jpg

300mph winds? Hope not my hammock will be flying...

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
you don't really pay any attention to the weather forecast do you? I don't normally since the met office get it wrong when they tell you what the weather is doing now for the area (for my area, they are 15 miles away) all they have to do is open the window!

In any case, the moot is mostly at the bottom of a wooded valley, so quite sheltered ;)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
But what if those winds relate to a twister!! heading straight down the valley!!!, best you take extra tie down ropes!!!!!and remained guyd to the ground at all times!!!!!!:p

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
By the look of the predicted temperatures they've not counted in all the open fires :campfire: & hot air from the chatting :camping: from you lot going to the moot
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

300mph winds :red:? Obviously the herbivore diet and methane :eek::rofl: will have kicked in by then during the end of the week
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
As a rule, I tend to ignore the forecast for the Moot because;

1. I'm going regardless
2. The site is well drained so it's not going to turn into a quagmire
3. There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.
4. The site is quite sheltered
5. The site also seems to have a micro-climate, so forecasts for the area are frequently wrong anyway.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Packed warm clothes anyway, so not gonna get caught out by anything! All ready for the journey...

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Moved house today. Pickford jst left. Had a brew and now time to pack for the moot. Kids a mare today but cant wait to see you all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE