Reading Bushcraft Group???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
9/10 works much better for me!

Just found out the BB meet is on the 16th and is only for 1 day so can hopefully square that with the other half because I'm around on Friday night and Sunday. Also means I can make the meet - Happy days! Got a bit more kit I want to try out

Count me in!

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I can do 9/10th but not the following weekend. I can provide my usual contribution of fur based nourishment and possibly a nice bit of boned and rolled munty for the dutch oven :D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
looks like the 9/10th will be the one then.

thanks for the offer of the Bunny's and Bambi Dave, will sort out the numbers nearer the time.

i was thinking of doing a wild food walk to see how much we can fined at this time of year.
any ideas for things people want to do or practice put um up and i will see what we can do.

all we need now are more bushcrafters. come on stop watching those DVDS on how to do it, and get out there and DO IT!!!!!! :beerchug:

3Please

Forager
Jan 3, 2007
London
Hi Mark

I should be on for that weekend.

MIght even get round to making that chair, if I can find any wood there??;)

wouldn't mind testing out the MIOX as well and a gypsy well perhaps?

Be interesting to see some new people braving the elements!

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Well if our organic, free-range butcher is coming it sounds like Saturday night's food should be good. I'll bring down some potatoes and some foil and we can stick them in the embers of the fire to go with.

Just an idea at this stage, do you have any live badger sets up there Mark?

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
Ben there are a couple of sets in the area, i will have a look to see which one is most active before the meet.
i have not stayed out to watch the badgers yet but i have watched some fox cubs playing on an old set.:D

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Please note I will be bringing previously prepared rabbit with me this time so there will be no prep work. hoping to do some hand drill :)

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Ben there are a couple of sets in the area, i will have a look to see which one is most active before the meet.
i have not stayed out to watch the badgers yet but i have watched some fox cubs playing on an old set.:D

Don't know how much interest there will be from everyone else and frankly if its tipping it down I don't think i'll want to sit around in the rain, but I've never done it (never seen a live badger in the flesh in fact)

hoping to some hand drill

Show off :D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
any more interested in the meet on 9/10th Feb.
Dave said he can cook his very special rabbit in cider,mustard and cream sauce.
if you want Saturday diner we will all chip in toward the ingredients. please post your interest here by the 4th at the latest so Dave can get the Bunny's.

cheers mark:D

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
Rod i will be around from midday Friday . if you want you can come over earlier and set your stuff up and have a mooch . :D

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Hi guys

No I am not ignoring you all. You just keep meeting when Phil and I are on the Woodcraft course. Again it starts on the 7th and finishes on the 11th.

Could have made the following weekend but maybe, just maybe (if the new baby allows) in the next couple of months. Miss all you lot, strange that must be sentiment from lack of sleep.

Have a good weekend and hopefully catch up soon.

George

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
All being well Mark, I will be at yours for Friday - can you PM a grid ref for the camp site so I don't need to prat about with a mobile when I get there? :D.

With regards to the Saturday scoff I am going to need to start firming up on numbers now so I will use this post to start the list. I only need to know if you are eating on Saturday night so I can aquire all the necessary ingredients. I MUST stress that if you are not on the list you will NOT be guaranteed a meal and need to see whats left in the trough after the rest have fed (past experience suggests you will be able to see your face in the bottom of the trough at this stage :lmao: ). If you are attending and wishing to eat but are not on the list PM me on or before the 4th Feb. I am working on the basis of 2 rabbits between 3 people and the appropriate amount of spuds/mix for the creamy mash and herb dumplings!

List so far

Silverback
Jasons
Rod
Lupus
Benp1
Andyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE