ray vs bear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

2sheds

May 19, 2011
down Gower
maybe this has been here before, trivial tittle tattle i came across whilst reading a comment from Ray about "my island" (Skomer that is, and not really mine but managed by my organisation, well not really my organiosation i guess my organisation belongs to the 4200 members) not sure if it impressed the girls but i'm going to buy some tight khaki shorts tomorrow

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2008-05-14/ray-mears-v-bear-grylls

enough twaddle - i got a basket to weave.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Personally, I find Ray informative, and Bear entertining, in a kind of "You Mug" or "Point and Laugh" sort of way. Though, as I like to explain to my scouts, who would you follow, the Fat guy that knows where to find water in the most extreme of places, or the skinny guy that drinks from cow dung.

There are some amusing Biographys of both on ARRSE if anyone is interested enough to search for them.

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
Personally, I find Ray informative, and Bear entertining, in a kind of "You Mug" or "Point and Laugh" sort of way. Though, as I like to explain to my scouts, who would you follow, the Fat guy that knows where to find water in the most extreme of places, or the skinny guy that drinks from cow dung.

There are some amusing Biographys of both on ARRSE if anyone is interested enough to search for them.

Now that's funny

mbiraman

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
West Kootenays,BC
I don't watch most survival shows as to me they come off fake. Having said that i will watch a Ray Mears doc or special because he doesn't come off hollywood like the rest. Even so Ray doesn't always get it right. He recently did a special on the bears on the BC coast and while most of it was accurate there was some TV drama and at least one thing he either faked or made a huge mistake at, but that's ok,,,,its TV.

bill

bill

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
My Pleaseure. I found em funny.

Thanks for clarifying MBiraman. It was just something that just came up in a discussion a few weeks ago, it just sort of rolled off the tongue. I suppose I should have a bit more respect for the chief scout, but not when he's a showboating mug(ok, I'll not say that to his face, being a jap slapping meistro)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Well my cat knows who she prefers:

6STHE.jpg

Panama Jungle

Jan 7, 2010
Panama
in jungle, Bear. No question. I have worked with the bloke who looked after him in the Panama jungle episodes and he said his skills were good, just obviously puts on more of a 'show' for the TV.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE