Ray still just ahead in the UK, but Bear more popular worldwide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
You have to give respect to the film teams out there, whether they are following BG, RM, David Attenborough or whoever.

If you want to compare BG's climb up Everest to anything, compare it to the two film teams that summited Everest in the worst year ever for disaster, 1996. Maximum respect.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
OMG!! Someone pass me the mind bleach!!:eek::yuck:

Tadpole where was the quote from?
"She was halfway across Africa when there was an uprising in Zaire. It was a very dangerous situation," he says. "She had to leave her support Land Rover and she asked me to walk with her to keep her safe. We walked for 300 miles over about six months through Zaire, the Central African Republic and Cameroon, pushing all her possessions in a handcart. I started out as a very fit 13 stone and ended up 10 stone - at one point in Zaire I weighed 8 stone." I had malaria twice. Ray P Mears

Lisa -Lady of Tanith
Sadly it is From the newspaper the FT, but it's no longer on their Website, it's also quoted on one other Highly respected site

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
That Google Trends thing just reflects how many Google searches are done in each country... I wonder how bit a percentage of those are the two people in question just Ego Surfing and which one puts his own name into Google most:confused:;)

To be honest I know which one I like to watch on the telly and that even the wife (who really does try and see the best side in everyone) calls the other a bit of a "Drama Queen".

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE