Ray Mears programme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
To broadcast one episode at the beginning of September, then leave a month till the second episode is utterly ridiculous. They should at least repeat the first programme before the second airs as it will effect ratings enormously.

Being brutally honest, I doubt that anyone involved with scheduling at ITV could give a toss about the ratings of what to them, is simply "padding" or "filler" for the spaces between the "big earners". ITV, along with most non BBC material, is simply "tabloid TV" . It ( The Mears thing) will almost certainly be classed as some sort of obligatory "educational" content, that ITV are forced to provide, to keep within the terms and conditions of their broadcasting license.

On the subject of "ratings", I wonder what the figures were like for Ray Mears various series on the BBC?

Last edited:

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
What a superb episode...some great detail of the natural world and a bit of bushcraft thrown in too....it summed up what our trips to the woods and the outdoors are about :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
What a superb episode...some great detail of the natural world and a bit of bushcraft thrown in too....it summed up what our trips to the woods and the outdoors are about :)

And in my backyard too! Pity about 15 minutes of a decent programme material squeezed in to a half hour slot though. (started 5 minutes later than billed, finished 5 minutes earlier than billed, less ad break, less intro recap and coming next time......

SWMBO came in just as he was lighting a fire. She's convinced that a fire lighting sequence is written into his contract. She also cynicall observed that Wytham Woods is handy for the Randolph!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
And so, last nights episode not on because of the damn football again!!
We're away with no wifi and I didn't know until I tinned the tv on to watch it :-(

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Mr Mears features on "Would I Lie To You?" - currently available on iplayer.

I missed the programmes under discussion - not sure if I can see them north of the wall.

All the best.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Football is on next week :(

I enjoyed the episode but the show is just too short and IMHO needs an hour long slot.

Totally agree with you Richard, too short a time slot and feels a bit hurried. Some of the people Ray meets with are also worth more interaction with, their enthusiasm for the subject at hand is inspiring.

Rob

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I've enjoyed the series so far, but as has been said by several people, it really needs an hour slot.

On the plus side, the next episode is in my stamping ground, Borrowdale, which I'm really looking forward to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE