Ray Mears programme

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Really enjoyed it agin last night, very enjoyable episode. Deffo needs an hour though.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
This series almost harks back to his Tracks programme. I just wish he would do another series like Bushcraft a bit more how and do. Still it does make me wonder if he's pitching for a nature show like David Attenborough did/does, but with a bit of a twist.??

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
For me the programmes appear rushed , trying to cram too much in a short space of time and therfore not enough time spent on each element . I 'd like to see him go back to a dedicated bushcraft programme but you might be right , he could be after a slot as the go to " nature" presenter .

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I watched the programme on Snowdonia, but was not really impressed. Firstly as I don't have a TV anymore, I was annoyed that I had to give my email address and turn my adblocker off to watch it on ITV. Then I was annoyed at the ads, and after that I thought the streaming was pretty poor compared to BBC's Iplayer.

Oh the programme itself. Well I didn't learn anything particularly new as I know all of those places he was filming, I just wanted to see what his take on Snowdonia was. There was a far better programme some time ago called a year in Snowdonia, featuring a local shepherd. As for Ray, I thought, there he is again, showing off his Gucci kit, making a brew, when as his companion showed it was far more convenient to take a flask. My thoughts were with the film crew traipsing behind with tripods, camera and sound equipment. I wondered what kit they had brought with them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE