Ray Mears Goes Walkabout - Your Views

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Really enjoyed this episode, pity it's the last one :(
I think Jujus if fantastic. She deserves a series all to herself!
Isn't she just! Amazingly photogenic too - had me reaching for my camera when she laughed - what a startlingly beautiful woman!

Red

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I enjoyed it .

Juju seemed to be one of those people you could sit and listen to all day .

RM seemed to enjoy her company and the nicest part was seeing how much respect he had for her.

But watching his Programmes he seems to have a great respect for the Earth and the People who live close too it.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Most enjoyable programme this evening (just watched it on iplayer).
It's always good to learn about the history of various things, rock art included. What was even more enjoyable was seeing the failed firelighting and a disposable lighter being used, though I have a feeling the prices of pink disposable lighters has just rocketed :(

Anyone know what blood group Ray is so i can copy him? :D

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "What's that torch Ray was using?" thread. I bet we see it within the week.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I think that the whole series got better with each episode and like most everyone else has said last nights episode was really enjoyable. Boy, did those blisters look sore, and for using a disposable lighter well that shows us that he's perfectly willing to take short cuts like the rest of us as and when necessary.

I'll enjoy sitting down and watching them again on sky+ and figure out how to persuade the little wifey that we really do need a dvd recorder :D

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
what a startlingly beautiful woman!

Red
Honestly,and I really mean no offence at all believe me,but your joking right??? I mean I aint no Brad Pitt or anything of that I am 100 percent aware but easy on the eye she was not.Lovely person sure enough.

Anyway to the programe itself,best of the lot I thought and very enjoyable.Some of the landscape was stunning,the stream Ray jumped in looked beautifull and made me want to jump in myself lol.Anyone know what spiders they were in the holes in those tree???
I must admit on one hand I really like the look of some parts of Oz but what puts me off the place is that just about everything wants to bite or sting you and just about everything is the most deadly and poisonous in the world:D

Hey Wayland any idea what torch that was that Ray was using :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Honestly,and I really mean no offence at all believe me,but your joking right??? I mean I aint no Brad Pitt or anything of that I am 100 percent aware but easy on the eye she was not.Lovely person sure enough.

Not at all - I thought she was very striking in appearence - beautiful smile, animated face very unusual features. My definition of beauty is "would I want a photo on the wall?" in her case - I sure would. Not you classic catwalk model but much easier to my eyes than someone with their ribs sticking out and a gaunt face.

The eye of the beholder I guess

Red

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Not at all - I thought she was very striking in appearence - beautiful smile, animated face very unusual features. My definition of beauty is "would I want a photo on the wall?" in her case - I sure would. Not you classic catwalk model but much easier to my eyes than someone with their ribs sticking out and a gaunt face.

The eye of the beholder I guess

Red
I guess so Red ;) :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I think one of the best things about this series was that Ray allowed the things that didn't work or went wrong to be shown as well.

It showed that you don't have to be a "superhero" to get by in the outdoors.

Part of the problem with programs made by the likes of Edward Grylls. (Barely a Gorilla or whatever monika he made up for himself.) is that they portray the outdoors as a place full of dangers that you have to be an "expert" (Former drip under pressure.) to venture into.

Now there's no doubt a bit of knowledge counts for a lot, but so does a willingness to really get out there and give it a try.

Showing a bit of human fallibility is very encouraging to people who might otherwise think "I 'm just not good / smart / strong / knowledgeable enough to do that sort of thing."

A very refreshing thing to see in this current celebrity obsessed, media world where everyones image is so carefully managed.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
With Juju's obvious character and startling humour plus outstanding knowledge how could you not love her, As to being not beautiful take a look in the mirror and think how we look to her, I did find her attractive but know why, maybe personality.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Laa! Laaa! Laaa! I'm not reading any of the above as i didn't watch it last night! Shock, I know, but I actually forgot. maybe that says something of the standard of this series, but there you go. I will be watching the iPlayer version too as I have just got in and missed the re-run! :rolleyes:

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
slight tangent but modern day aborigines and how they are living www.bushmechanics.com the episodes are quite funny but hard to get. the sites not bad - well it used to be I've had the episodes on my pc for a while now so I've just re-checked the site and most of it is still there as it was put up in 02

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Honestly,and I really mean no offence at all believe me,but your joking right??? I mean I aint no Brad Pitt or anything of that I am 100 percent aware but easy on the eye she was not

Bwahahahahahaha :lmao: - Quality post!

Two six packs of Tennents Super may change your perspective :D - It usually works for me! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE