Ray Mears... Gocompare advert?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Has anyone else seen the Gocompare advert where Ray traps that annoying :censored: in a net? Who else would have been happier if it was a more lethal trap? Any comments on what trap should have been used?

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
i think the go compare folk are very clever to turn a annoying add in to one that is being talked a bout on a bushcraft forum thats just what a good add should do i still turn the sound down anyway i not seen this add yet up here in scotland they must be trying it out on you Southerners first

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
i think the go compare folk are very clever to turn a annoying add in to one that is being talked a bout on a bushcraft forum

They would be if that was their intention but I think their aim was to try & sell on-liine car insurance with an ad that cost less than 250 quid to make. The fact that half a dozen folk with nothing better to do, pass a few comments on a forum is purely coincidental. ;)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
They would be if that was their intention but I think their aim was to try & sell on-liine car insurance with an ad that cost less than 250 quid to make. The fact that half a dozen folk with nothing better to do, pass a few comments on a forum is purely coincidental. ;)

ill bet Ray got a lot more than £250 for his time :D

treetop57

Forager
Sep 1, 2012
dumfrieshire
there might be only a dozen folk talking about it wiyh nothing better to do but so far in one day over 400 folk with nothing better to do have looked at the post

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE