Ray M tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well just back from seeing RM and really enjoyed it.
I think it was great to see him live as I never really felt that his emotions 'came over ' on the pro grammes. I think this is why I quickly came to love Bruce Parry as he shows his emotions and enthusiasm alot more readily or the programmes are edited alot more in this way. Anyway his love and respect for different tribes indigenous people was very evident tonight.
Question Whats your favorite place?
Ray M .Britain.
Wish he had elaborated on that one. Home is where the heart is?
Dave
Ps tickets bought for me as a prezzie probable wouldn't have gone, glad I did!

Jan 6, 2007
Shropshire
Yep, I went as well. Really good 90 mins of presentation and then 20ish mins of Q&A.

Q. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?
A. Brussel sprouts.

Never knew he was married or that his wife died last year of breast cancer.

Even my wife, who is not a RM fan, enjoyed it.

Recommended.

Gooders

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Rachel died? Oh goodness. I knew that she was ill but had missed this sad news entirely. Such a lovely, friendly woman.

Ray is definitely an excellent speaker and a little different in person than on camera. His patience and humour impressed me as much as his expertise.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Ray does come across well, especially live, and he has had a tough time lost his father not long before his partner Rachel died

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I am seeing Ray in Leeds. Cannot wait! Again, the ticket was a present, but what has cheesed me off is that the missus could only get one so she is sending me off by myself again! This happened when I watched Queen and Paul Rodgers, and The Darkness in Germany!

Is it worth taking books along? Does he do a meet and greet and book signing at the end?

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Yes a groan went across the audience when he said he had lost his wife through breast cancer, which just shows how well liked I think he is.
Sadly I went through the loss of my mother from breast cancer so he must have had really bad year with the loss of his Dad as well
(My father lost his wife, mother and father within 3 months, that was a bad year for us.)
Yes he was signing books didnt stay for that but he was doing photo's and signing (he was selling books)
You will really enjoy it, bit steep for me at £15 but I would go again as it was worth it.
Hope this post didn't sound too a*** licking as that isn't me at all and I do hate some of that lets all copy RM mlarky, but hats off good speaker and genuine nice geezer (from what I can tell)
Dave

S

Sambo Rambo

i never knew hiswife died :( poor guy o
but on the other hand no-one else has promoted bushcraft like him. it was extreme survival that made me think about bushcraft in the first place. beats old teddy bear grylls any day, i met teddy in chester and said hello in the street i dont think i was rude but he told me to get lost. not plesant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE