RAVC soldier and dog repatriated

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
i heard this story on the news this afternoon a man and his dog together in life and death a good epitaph very sad my thoughts are with his family at this very sad time regards dave

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Among all the casualties that have been announced - Bless them all - the recent deaths of L/Cpl Tasker and Theo has struck a chord amongst folk I've spoken to over the past week.

Quite a few are aggrieved that Theo, now cremated, is to be repatriated in private to L/Cpl Tasker's family at a later date.

As a dog lover and ex squaddie myself, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it would have been more than fitting if Theo's ashes had accompanied Liam through Wooton Basset today.

They both deserved that at the very least IMHO.

RIP muckers.

Liam

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Living in Swindon the repatriation convoys pass very near to me and on my travels I waited for one not so long ago. I will openly and honestly admit to being very choked and having a tear in my eye. There really is something very tragic about seeing those young men pass by.............

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I had the great honour of knowing both Liam and Theo in my last year of Service with the RAVC.

They will be sorely missed.

I read about it in the newspaper and thought you may have know them mate, bet it brought back some memories for you.
RIP Liam and Theo.

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
the bond between dogs and humanity is as old as the pyramids, and its a bond of love and trust.
everybody who has a dog out there cannot fail to smile at a memory/s of their best friend.
they've gone to the 'big walk' in the sky.
i would say rest in peace but it'll be rabbits to chase and fox/badger poo to roll in, in the next world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE