(rant) not allowed to light fire in my own garden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

springer5

Mar 9, 2010
Carmarthen, Wales
You could always just steal a car and set light to that instead.

No one seems to do much about that sort of fire. They're all too busy visiting people's houses and telling them off for burning a few twigs on their lawns !!!

----

Health & Safety - keeps us alive, but denies us "life" !

:rant:

Last edited:
we had a fire in the garden a few years back, big enough to spit roast a suckling pig on for my birthday, the neighbours complained about it and we had street wardens at the gate checking it out. I explained it was a birthday party and that the pig roast was just a big bbq really but the wood used was in a stone circle, not in a store bought bbq. They came in, checked what was being burnt, admired the roast pig set up, stayed for coffee and hot pork and apple sauce buns, had a very friendly chat and left wishing me a happy birthday.
The end result is now i can light a fire/bbq/chimnea, etc and complaints seem to fall on deaf ears.

wedgie

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
gods own county of yorkshire
we had a fire in the garden a few years back, big enough to spit roast a suckling pig on for my birthday, the neighbours complained about it and we had street wardens at the gate checking it out. I explained it was a birthday party and that the pig roast was just a big bbq really but the wood used was in a stone circle, not in a store bought bbq. They came in, checked what was being burnt, admired the roast pig set up, stayed for coffee and hot pork and apple sauce buns, had a very friendly chat and left wishing me a happy birthday.
The end result is now i can light a fire/bbq/chimnea, etc and complaints seem to fall on deaf ears.

now thats the way to do it

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is there anywhere i can find out about me having a fire in my garden?

Many Thanks

Jon

Phone the local council; they ought to have byelaw guides about this kind of thing. The local fire service are usually pretty helpful too, they don't want called out for garden fires by upset neighbours.
Personally telling my neighbours I'm going to have one, checking their washing lines are clear, inviting them round sometimes, it all keeps things sweet even when living as close to neighbours as I do.

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Blimey. Never heard of such a thing. Don't think they exist round here. Just torched an 8' tall pile of brush whilst me neighbour drove a few tonnes of steaming horse muck round for me

Couldn't bear living in such a nosey petty place that you need such people

Somehow I don't think I'm cut out for life in the human factory farms!

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Had a massive fire in the garden over the weekend, only went out last night :rolleyes:

55s5zo.jpg

It's amasing how long railway sleepers will burn for, especially with pitch and probably Creosote impregnated into them, I think this pile had 11 of them in goodjob

Wings :)

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
Had a massive fire in the garden over the weekend, only went out last night :rolleyes:

55s5zo.jpg

It's amasing how long railway sleepers will burn for, especially with pitch and probably Creosote impregnated into them, I think this pile had 11 of them in goodjob

Wings :)

I hope you didn't use it as a BBQ :eek::D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE