Rant: ignore me if you don't want to know

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
See you right there mate and, as a fellow West Yorkshireman, i think the minimum force necessary was to use the medium of the mobile phone. The best course of action was taken and if it had escalated everyone would have regretted it. Discretion being the better part of valour and all that. :D

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
In the split second I had to thnk about it I came to the realisation that if I had hit the lad back, it would have been retaliation rather than self defence.

I require full Criminal records bureau clearance for my job and a mortgage dangling off that little wage packet.

No brainer really.

Not a nice situation, but not that bad really, I have a feint bruise on the centre of my chest, but one my wife had to squint to see.

Whenever I think of the weekend the two bits that stick out are when Jedediah told one of the 'youths' he was a "male chicken" end, and the 'give us a push' joke, both of which are making me chuckle as I write this. I laughed more with the fellas there than I have done for months, I greatly enjoyed the company.

Brilliant w/e, who's up for the next ruck?:red: :BlueTeamE

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Glad you two restrained yourselves, knowing the way the justice system works here, you would have got it in the neck and the little chav buggers would have got off :cussing:

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
wow, sorry to hear you had so much trouble at the last meet. I dont see how people can care so little how much they spoil it for everybody else.
Though I did my fair share of naughty little fire lighting as a kid (and even the throwing of lighters and bottles on the fires), burning patches black, Ive never once littered.
Not so long ago, we went to one of favourite beauty spots in derbyshire , only to find a whole couch thrown over the bridge into a stream. Totally selfish, fly tipping like that should carry an enormous fine.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
my local river is now covered in bbqs and empty meat wrappers!!! its hard to educate some people the words ;dragged up rather than brought up spring to mind!!!!

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
well, I spent the day clearing up after yesterday. Between 2 of us we easily filled the back of the landy with rubbish sacks. I lost count of the number of those disposable BBQ's I picked up.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
What a good evening - another soporific pint and just heard kiddie was nicked, hours wasted and then he was given a formal caution.

Another pint is called for.:D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
If anyone wants to see a horror story take a wander along the beach at Arrochar at the head of Loch Long.
The loch seems to act as a catchment for the Clyde, the wind blowing up anything that floats. Between the spring tide line and regular highwater is a carpet of empties and plastics, a band 20-30 foot wide and about a mile long running round the head of the loch, it's horrific.

Spent a couple of hours out on Loch Fyne last week clearing the beach at camp. Done once a year it keeps things tidy. Wouldn't know where to start at Arrochar, there's enough there to fill a dump truck many times over.:(

SAS_MAN

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2008
highlands
I think the amount of rubbish that neds (chaves) leave behind is awful. I once came across there site after the had left and a was horrified that they could leave such a mess. Talk about leave no trace they seem to have a competition of leave as much trace as you can. I think an less some one cleans it up it will leave a scar for many years to come. Not to mention the forest of trees they cut down. This tread has encouraged me to write a letter to my local schools and my MP to try and get them to educate them whilst they are in school. I feel this is the only way to stop it however it would be in the long term.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Years ago I stopped picking up all the trash left along the trout stream in my pasture by those "sportsmen" "fishermen". I now just leave it for THEM to all see and to have to walk around to fish.

A little less than half of them do clean up what they find left by the jerks, but the rest of those great concerned "outdoorsmen" just drop their trash right alongside what's already left there.

And this is private property and they are supposedly great concerned outdoorsmen enjoying the sport of trout fishing! We could POST the land to keep all of them off, but that only really hurts the good people. And those good people do help clean up the trash left by the social degenerants. But specific individuals have been banned, and face criminal trespass charges if they return. And the local authorities are really watching to teach them a HARSH lesson for their continued bad behavior.

But the public lands get hit worse.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE