Raikey #4 finished (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ahhhh, now i see. thanks for the education buddy.

having seen this thread i now REALLY wish i'd won your comp!

ha ,...cheers mate,....

its not really alchemy to be honest,...

i made my first in november from a list of instructions and an old file,..its here..
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64714&highlight=

then i had another go here ,..again with a file...got two out of it this time,..
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66374&highlight=

search for "green pete" on youtube ,....

he gives a very simple method

cheers

Stu

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
they all look great to me :) i am developing my liking for sharp and shiny, i just used to love the camping tbh, never knew knives could be so pretty

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
absolutly stunning work matey, lovely!

as i said previously dude,..cheers for last night (oooerrr!!!!) hahaha

i had an artisits blockage,...i just could not see where the material needed to come off.....i called on my Blackberry crew and voila!!!! it ,..erm,...cleared my blockage,...so i thank you,..:)

although very subtle, the final bit of work last night made it work,...

have a look at how i was gonna leave it,...

i just took more out the pinkie groove, and slimmed down the blade end to a slight taper,...

DSC03155.jpg

chunky monkey!!!

and before the oil,...

DSC03149.jpg

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
they all look great to me :) i am developing my liking for sharp and shiny, i just used to love the camping tbh, never knew knives could be so pretty

yep,..you sound like you could end up hooked,...lol.....

pretty is good,...knives can be pretty,....

i see it as art really,....but art then you can use in the field,...and when out camping,...

all my knives are users by the way,...i take them out camping in equal rotation,...

now i must sound like a nutter

cheers

Stu

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
what have you started! just been watching green petes videos. problem is i've got a couple of old files, and an angle grinder and vice in my garage, but absolutely no time. i can feel me getting the urge tho, might have a go later in the year. you're a bad man.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
mate just seen this its awesome, you really do have an eye for blades and your handles just keepgetting better and better mate......

respect..........

when i have forged my damascus blade i may have to send it to you old mukka.......lol.....

chris..

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
stu mate, that is stunning! You should be proud of yourself...hell, I'm proud of you! Ha ha!

I'm loving the filework, and the rework on those scales has made such a difference! I've been making notes for when I cut metal next week :)

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
back filled the filework with apoxy and ink from a black pen, (seemed to work)
My last post just failed....ARGHA!!!!
any who I just trialed some photocopier toner.....got loads left in nice colours too.
We got magenta/yellow/blue/black.
Only used the black so far but i had a hankering to accent my baby girls knife with magenta.....maybe i'll use it on her firesteel handle :)
Back to the point....if you have any *cough* up and coming projects that you'd like to use colours on, shout me and we can sort it out.

Mojo

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
My last post just failed....ARGHA!!!!
any who I just trialed some photocopier toner.....got loads left in nice colours too.
We got magenta/yellow/blue/black.
Only used the black so far but i had a hankering to accent my baby girls knife with magenta.....maybe i'll use it on her firesteel handle :)
Back to the point....if you have any *cough* up and coming projects that you'd like to use colours on, shout me and we can sort it out.

Mojo

hahahaha ahem,...dont know what you mean,....haha,...

cheers mate,....

i shall visit the stationary cupboard on the morrow!!

i,m gonna enjoy "experimenting" with these next two lil jobs,...

Stu

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
This is my last post on the matter (as its late and i'm sleepy)....seriously, you'd be doing me a service. I have loads left and can send it out easily.
Ooooh it is in the shed though......and there's spiders in there....big like jack russels.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Beautiful knife. That file work is stunning and shows you have a steady careful hand. You just need to find someone with an equivalent leatherwork and sheath-making problem!

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE