RAF issue MRI GQ 1604 Victorinox (Hunter).

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANGOF

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Cornwall
Very hard to come by RAF aircrew Victorinox in near perfect condition.

The knife is marked 'MRI GQ 1604' on the scale, 'GQ' being the british parachute maker who make the parachutes for Martin-Baker ejection seats and the supplier of the knife to the MOD. Etched on the main blade is '27C/7018504', '27C' indicates that the knife is for aircrew use. That number in the NSN registery comes up as: NSN 5110-99-701-8504, Knife, Pocket.

Tools list,
- Cap lifter
Like almost all pocket knifes it has a cap opener which has nothing really important to discuss.
- Can Opener
The same tool (cap lifter) can also be used as a can opener.
- Screwdriver
Once again, the same tool can be used as a flat-head screwdriver.
- Wire stripper
The same tool has a small notch on its bottom which can be used as a wire stripper.
- Reamer
This is on the other side of the knife. It can be used as a reamer/punch
- Corkscrew
Also something common among pocket knives.
- Wood Saw
Moving back to the front of the knife we have one of the most impressive tools this knife has. It’s an extremely large wood saw. This saw has length of 9cm (3.5 inches) making it really useful compared to the small wood saw that most pocket knives have.
- Key Ring
It’s always a good idea to have a key ring on any kind of utility knife. This one has the standard Victorinox inox key ring.
- Toothpick
Despite what many people think, toothpick is a tool that can be used in numerous applications except the obvious one.
- Tweezers
Once again, a handy tool that all of us have needed from time to time.
- Blade
The interesting thing about its blade apart from the high quality, is that it comes really sharp which is not something common for most pocket knives.
- Gutting Blade
This is a rare feature among pocket knives. If you are a hunter then you probably already know the importance of this tool. This blade is designed specifically for field dressing. There are only two Victorinox models offering this gutting blade, the “Hunter” and the “Workchamp XL”. You will be amazed of how sharp this blade is.

Looking for £80 posted. Cheque or bank transfer preferred, Paypal by agreement.
006_zpsb5b1805d.jpg

007_zps4d0db421.jpg

011_zps14c0997b.jpg

008_zps4bcdf195.jpg

010_zps18d24fa4.jpg

spotterS

Nov 8, 2013
United Kingdom
£45 posted .... I cant go any lower for this hens teeth Victorinox

Hello, ANGOF - I`d be happy to pay you the £45 asking price via Paypal and I`ll pay the PayPal charges

Please send me your Paypal details - I`ll be a bit slow in responding as we`re off to hayle to do our shopping shortly and won`t be back `til after 1100

Brian

ANGOF

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Cornwall
Hello, ANGOF - I`d be happy to pay you the £45 asking price via Paypal and I`ll pay the PayPal charges

Please send me your Paypal details - I`ll be a bit slow in responding as we`re off to hayle to do our shopping shortly and won`t be back `til after 1100

Brian
Hi Brian, cant seem to send you a PM. Better PM me for my paypal. You could always pick it up from either Camborne where i live or Helston where i work.

spotterS

Nov 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi Brian, cant seem to send you a PM. Better PM me for my paypal. You could always pick it up from either Camborne where i live or Helston where i work.

Hi, have only joined a couple of days ago and subscription has just become effective, allowing sending of PM`s etc.

If you send Paypal details I can effect that immediately - am likely to be away for a day or two from tomorrow but not certain as yet so might be better I pay you and can either collect i.d.c. or have it mailed

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE