Quote of the Day. No Discussions or Comments please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
M L K

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
“Don’t fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”

Bruce Lee

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said…
‘Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket.’

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
“Summerdays, and the flat water meadows and the blue hills in the distance, and the willows up the backwater and the pools underneath like a kind of deep green glass. Summer evenings, the fish breaking the water, the nightjars hawking round your head, the smell of nightstocks and latakia. Don’t mistake what I’m talking about. It’s not that I’m trying to put across any of that poetry of childhood stuff. I know that’s all baloney. Old Porteous (a friend of mine, a retired schoolmaster, I’ll tell you about him later) is great on the poetry of childhood. Sometimes he reads me stuff about it out of books. Wordsworth. Lucy Gray. There was a time when meadow, grove, and all that. Needless to say he’s got no kids of his own. The truth is that kids aren’t in any way poetic, they’re merely savage little animals, except that no animal is a quarter as selfish.

A boy isn’t interested in meadows, groves, and so forth. He never looks at a landscape, doesn’t give a damn for flowers, and unless they affect him in someway, such as being good to eat, he doesn’t know one plant from another. Killing things - that’s about as near to poetry as a boy gets. And yet all the while there’s that peculiar intensity, the power of longing for things as you can’t long when you’re grown up, and the feeling that time stretches out and out in front of you and that whatever you’re doing you could go on for ever.”

George Orwell
Coming Up For Air

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
who siad this quote? "We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful..."?
"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing."

Mother Theresa once said it, but it's unclear if she was the original author or if she was quoting an older source.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
"People suck, and that's my contention. I can prove it on a scratch paper and pen. Give me a f***ing Etch-a-sketch, I'll do it in three minutes. The proof, the fact, the factorum. I'll show my work, case closed. I'm tired of this back-slapping "Aren't humanity neat?" bulls**t. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are." - Bill Hicks

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
lol-030.gif
............... “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
Abraham Lincoln

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"When you're up to your a$$ in alligators, it's hard to remember you came to drain the d***ed swamp." Unknown author

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
"Let us keep alive the spirit of adventure and of romance, and drink deep of the great cup that nature holds for our thirsting spirits and bodies."

Ellsworth Jaeger, "Wildwood Wisdom", 1945.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
[h=3]John 15:12-13 “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”[/h]

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
"Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy s**t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your bottom and pull the f***ing trigger 'til it goes 'click.'" - Jesus Quintana (Big Lebowski 1998)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE