Quilt for Group Buy Underblanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I hope to get a full photo shoot done over the next few days work permitting. I have the sample right now and its a cracking bit of kit - well worth the money

Red

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
The Quilt is a fantastic piece of kit, I can't recommend it enough. I've field tested it over several weekends and found it easy to use, warm, and light.
I actually packed it in the assembled hammock system in a dry bag. All I had to do was pull a tape out of the bag and string it up. My complete sleeping system (hammock,underblanket, mossie net, quilt) set up by tieing two knots.
The dry bag has a valve for removing the air so it compacts down very nicely to fit the inside of my rucksack without leaving dead space.

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
go on then dad, I'll have one as well. After all your begging, (lol, only joking) can use it for fishing.> (any carp anglers out there, these will be great for summer, especially to get out of at night when you hear that magic run) < Cheers dad,

OETZI
Neanderthal
GrahamS
Bikething x 2
Mayfly x 2
Wayland
British Red
FastCelt
Wildrover
Angus Og
Aliwren
Lurch
Glen
Gill
skint
fishaben

Son (Ben):)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I have found that since getting the underblanket I only ever use the sleeping bag as a make do quilt so I am seriously hoping this goes ahead. C'mon folks if you are genuinely interested make yourselves known :)

OETZI
Neanderthal
GrahamS
Bikething x 2
Mayfly x 2
Wayland
British Red
FastCelt
Wildrover
Angus Og
Aliwren
Lurch
Glen
Gill
skint
Silverback

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Only one more then we hit the magic 20. It will stop then for sure.
Ben, don't you want an underblanket as well. Suppose we might be able to increase your pocket money to 5and 6 a week.:D

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
silverback, you seem to have knocked me off the list mate ??
Ben
Oops allow me to explain :eek: I cut and pasted the latest list at the time of composing my post. Whilst composing said post fishaben added himself to the list thus producing an updated list which I was blissfully unaware of as the post was added whilst still composing mine

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've just slung the full Magikelly and wanderinstar hammock system and done loads of photographs. Its fair to say that the underbalnket and quilt combined make a HUGE difference to the usability of the hammock system in terms of both warmth and convenience (that quilt is makes getting in and out a 2 second job :D).

I'll do a write up and host all the pictures over the weekend. Suffice it to day that you really must get one of these if you have a hammock - seriously!

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I had a big conversation with Ratbag the other night on alternative ways of hanging the whole sleeping system with a minimum of knots and faff. It seems we have come up with, in theory, a good way of hanging the whole thing up with only two contact points, one on each tree. I believe part of the idea was discovered by somebody else, but the way I was doing it before left me with about six lashing points for the whole system! Two for the tarp, a further two for the line underneath for mozzie net, etc and then two loops around the tree for either end of the hammock. Way too many knots!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I must admit, I suspend the moz net from the ridge line of the tarp (but then I run my arp line under the tarp)

I look forward to seeing your system spam

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Well, as an extract of the full pictorial of rigging an entire sleep system, this is me trying not to completely disappear into a warm green cocoon for photographic reasons

1341956504_46438a46fe_o.jpg

The quilt is just a superb piece of kit - combined with the underblanket, it makes getting into and out of a hammock for sleeping a 10 second job rather than a 5 minute blood pressure raising affair. the foot bucket is great - feet in first, tuck the quilt round your sides with the panels - instantly toasty warm. Nipping out for a shovel recce at night or to water the bracken will no longer be a cause for tears!

1341953398_131247cf51_o.jpg

If you have a hammock - get a quilt and an underblanket. No reservations, no ifs, no buts, no maybe. Your comfort in many, many ways is assured.

Full pictorial here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=322213#post322213

Red

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
I have been watching the post with interest but can't seem to find any

reference to the warmth/season rating of the group buy quilt.

There are several comments that it's toasty and warm but then again it's still summer!

I would be really interested in joining the list if I thought it would keep me toasty in the

winter months. Does anyone who has tried the quilt want to speculate on what rating it is?

Thanks.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
T-F,

I would suggest that its at least as warm as my Nanok 0 and almost certainly as warm as my -10. To be honest, you only need a central covering when enclosed (read cocooned) by the underblanket.

I would be happy to use the system in snow

Red

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Thanks Wayland and Red ;)

OETZI
Neanderthal
GrahamS
Bikething x 2
Mayfly x 2
Wayland
British Red
FastCelt
Wildrover
Angus Og
Aliwren
Lurch
Glen
Gill
skint
fishaben
Silverback
Toots.
Twisted Firestarter

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Please add me to the groupbuy

OETZI
Neanderthal
GrahamS
Bikething x 2
Mayfly x 2
Wayland
British Red
FastCelt
Wildrover
Angus Og
Aliwren
Lurch
Glen
Gill
skint
fishaben
Silverback
Toots.
Twisted Firestarter
Humpback

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE