Price rise?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Having ordered, then received the email stating it wasn't available from Tamaracks, my SFA is being replaced by a Scandinavian.

However whilst having a quick chat as to why they weren't restocking any Gransfors in the future, it was mentioned that it was partly due to an increase in price ( upto 20% ) from the manufacturer amongst other things.

Whether this goes across the board with Gransfor i have no idea, and this isn't a scare tactic or anything else, just a heads up for anyone who may want to buy one in the future, they may be getting more expensive.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Everything is going up at the mo so i doesnt suprise me at all. I think you will be happy with the Sandi though much more usable in my opinion ;)

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
I agree, although the quoted 20% surprised me abit.

I wish Tamaracks had of rung me to tell me ( they had my number on the order ) rather than refund which takes up to 3 days as i now have to wait to re order the Scan and wont get it for the weekend :(

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
I agree, although the quoted 20% surprised me abit.

I wish Tamaracks had of rung me to tell me ( they had my number on the order ) rather than refund which takes up to 3 days as i now have to wait to re order the Scan and wont get it for the weekend :(

If you're desperate I can send you one of mine.

I have a couple of Scandinavian Forest Axes (they make the SFA look like a toy by comparison) and I'm not making bows or harvesting staves this weekend so one won't be missed.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
If you're desperate I can send you one of mine.

I have a couple of Scandinavian Forest Axes (they make the SFA look like a toy by comparison) and I'm not making bows or harvesting staves this weekend so one won't be missed.

Very kind offer Xunil, but i wont receive the refund for a few days regardless so i don't have the funds atm ( my money is floating around cyber space! )
I'm not that desperate for this weekend, it would've been nice to have it whilst i was up on Dartmoor, but as long as i get one for the following weekend's meet then it'll be oki.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE