powdered egg???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I'm going to the cash and carry later today, I'll have a look and see what I can find. Whether it be liquid in a carton or a decent powdered version. As long as it's free range I'll give it a bash. I'll let you know what I find. :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi Folks
looking for a source of powdered egg in the UK, no local supermarkets have the Supercook stuff and compared to the US price for such things the stuff on eBay UK is extortionate!

Thanks!

Tom

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
How about custard powder . Isnt this dried egg? Has anyone tried this in bushcraft ?
Crowe

Don't make the mistake of mixing custard powder into your bread mix and making dampers etc with it... yuck. bread tastes of powered custard.. very very powdery and dry.. that was a mistake. No idea if you could make a custard mix first, then blend it into your dough, though.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I've just heard back from a chap on ebay in the UK who sells 900 gram (2lb) packs of whole egg powder for £3.99 a pop + postage for making fishing bait and the stuff is fit for human consumption (he had forgot to put it in the add') so when I herself wakes up from her nap I will get here to order me some before she properly comes to...

ATB

Tom

PS have pre mixed the dry ingrediants for a baking session tonight, just hoping the rain holds off!

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
hi all like the idea of powdered eggs but i hearded that you can make them yourself anyone know how
Dunne

I have done it before in the oven. I lightly beat the fresh egg and poured it into a large none stick swiss roll tin and then left it over night on a very low light with the door slightly open, much like making egg jerky ;) I goes very, very hard and brittle. Next it got the good news from a mortar and pestle. It worked OK but I have not done it since and it just some much easier to pop the tesco or asda :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE