Powdered drinks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 16, 2011
coventry
Hello all. I just a quicky to see what sort of drinks people use when in the field for those of us that dont like plain water? what do you use lucazade, nuun tablets? any views on these sorts of drinks would be great?? joe.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got some Crystal Lite from the USA but generally stick to hot drinks when using water that isn't from a domestic tap

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bolero - really nice. Pineapple one tastes like Lilt, cherry coke is nice...if you like cherry coke. Avoid water melon!

Nov 16, 2011
coventry
hi deaner666 the cold drinks in the range look exactly what i am looking for and very cheap to. they would drop straight into one of my ration packs! ANY SAMPLES GOING?? haha thanks for the link. joe.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
As much as possible I avoid anything with artificial sweeteners as they tend to give me migraine. When I'm out and about I also try to avoid sugar because I won't be brushing my teeth as often as I do when I'm in civilization. So for me it's usually black tea (no sugar) or boiled water with something like an Oxo cube. Carbonated water is good but you have to carry it in and it's a kilo a litre. :(

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Every French supermarket stocks one cup sachets of coffee just like the ones you get in English hotels. I always bring loads back because they work well in my home made ratpacks. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent in English supermarket if, like me, you like your coffee black.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I went ahead and bought a few Bolero's to try after reading this thread. Also there is the Gatorade powders but these are more expensive and can come in bigger containers. Fine if you have a way of splitting them up into litre size portions. I now have a vacuum sealer after a recommendation from another thread and can do this so may get some Gatorade as well?

Steve.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE