Poundland!

S

SleepyWeasel

Went into my local Poundland shop in Llandudno on Saturday and found packs of 3 lightsticks for a quid. And found packs of 2 survival blankets for a quid.

I was so inspired that I simply had to spend Saturday night out in the woods, and to drink whisky by the fire. :)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Once had a go at distilling my own gin.
It was disgusting.
It really DID strip paint, so we made up some labels for the half-dozen bottles of it we had and called it 'Paint Stripper'. Although 'Gout' was also a popular choice.
Although some time later (a couple of years or so) someone found a small bottle of it in a cupboard, tried it, and said it didn't taste too bad. Especially when mixed with a generous squeeze of Jif lemon.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Although some time later (a couple of years or so) someone found a small bottle of it in a cupboard, tried it, and said it didn't taste too bad. Especially when mixed with a generous squeeze of Jif lemon.

:eek:What - the old bath cleaner? :eek:- before they rebranded as "Cif"
- Imagine buying this buy the pallet load..."I would like a case of Cif please"
Sounds more like a visit to a naughty place!

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
99p shop oposite the pound shop lol ,swansea, i bought 2 roll mats 1 mess tin a folding chair a folding handle frying pan , a steel cup, a pen knife with folding spoon knife and fork on it and 10 nescafe stick packs, the only thing that was crap was the roll mats ,what do you expect:rolleyes:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
These guys also had 1.5m bungees with a Karabiner on each end, useful for lashing stuff into your canoe....

Cheers,

Alan

I got a couple of those the otherday, seem to be ok to me. they have a fair bit of stretch to them, but with the clip on each end, that should stop them pinging back at you :)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I recently got on of the 'survival tents' as mentioned in a previous thread... well Whats to say about them.. They are big certainly, and silvery so technically can reflect heat back in. Head together with nasty yellow tape, and so thin you could watch TV through it. I tried, you can.. lol. I plan on using it as a wind break.

The inflatable pillows aren't bad, used the one I got from there a lot and found it to be very comfy and didn't deflate during the night unlike the one from Semi-Chem. Got a couple of fishing net poles, with the idea of using them for my tarp, if i need to. All in all I really like Poundland.. :D

Cheers,

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
i got 2 of the pillows last week to cant complain . i saw the shelter looks ok for emergency use ,they also had a orange plastic tube to hold matches in with a compass and a whistle on it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE