Potassium Permanganate?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete E

Forager
Dec 1, 2004
North Wales
Anybody know a source of Potassium Permanganate crystals ?

I've been to several chemists in the Wrexham / Chester, and they say they no longer carry it..I was offered Potassium Permanganate tablets, but they were a silly price compared to what the crystals used to be...

Only need an ounce or two at the very most....

Thanks in advance,

Pete

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I got mine from a local chemist, had to ask them to get some in though, got a couple of small tubs. All I can suggest is you find one that is willing to get some in.

LS

reddeath

Forager
Jul 29, 2007
Kilkenny, ROI
penrith survival sell it in small bottles for sterilising water mate - alternatively i also got some from my local chiropodist said i had athletes foot and wanted to sterilise it

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
PM me your address mate and i'll pop a tub in the post to you. Only 99p a tub at my local chemist and am picking some up next wednesday. Had to order it in but they said they can only get it in cases of 12 so there will be a few tubs spare if anyone needs some. Just send me a pm and i'll send some excess to those that want FOC. Just dinnae be makin explosives eh......lol :D

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I got mine from an online pharmacy (can't remember which) they only supplied it in 25g tubs, so I ordered 30.. just cos' I do a lot of demos (and it's fun). I did get an email back from them asking why I wanted so much.. so I told them "For fire lighting, mixing with glycol or sugar blah blah blah" they where fine.

I law it is know as a notifiable chemical, but only if you are buying 50kg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE