...Possibly! US military Arctic canteen/cup/carrier sets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I rather like the look of these - keep water unfrozen and available to drink, and cups are really nifty. Several youtube videos on them. Anyway, I'll be in the US for a while shortly, and might be able to get some of these (all new), although they're not cheap at the moment - after US postage etc will probably be around £20. If anyone is interested let me know.

Oh - and I can also get some Swiss Alpenflage ponchos - probably around £5. again, let me know.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Andy

Put me down for 2 Alpenflage Ponchos, if you would please.

When would you like the money.

Regards

Phill

Will do, although I probably won't be back in the UK until mid-December, if thats ok. No money required until I post the things, or hand over at a meet.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Those canteens are brilliant. They also act as a Thermos keeping coffee hot or beer cold. You just need a wife who is good with a needle and you have a cowboy canteen full of cold Tanglefoot!

Flask 2 by British Red, on Flickr

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
To be honest, I don't know, although someone was wearing one at one of the Mid-England meets, and seemed dry enough. The colours are "unusual" to say the least, but surprisingly effective camo!

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Andy BB,

I agree, the camouflage is good, I've one of the jackets in the old Swiss pattern.

I'd be interested in a poncho too.

Liam

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
To be honest, I don't know, although someone was wearing one at one of the Mid-England meets, and seemed dry enough. The colours are "unusual" to say the least, but surprisingly effective camo!

Yeah I really like the look of the camo!!
Yes please I'm defo in, if you let me no the price for definate that would be great!!!
Thanks ever so much Andy!!
All the best
Steve

Leave only footprints take only memories

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
are the canteen ally or stainless?

The interior of the canteen is stainless steel, then a rubber layer, then a heavy-duty aluminium outer casing (as I understand it!) The bit you drink out of is also apparently shierlded from the metal to stop your lips freezing to it. THe cup is a bit nifty too - fits around the canteen snugly, and has a handle that locks into place with a drop-down bar, meaning that its easy to drink from and also supports itself like a tripod. If you put US Arctic canteen into youtube you'll find a few vids of them, including one from Dave Canterbury.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Maybe I'd better start a list for the stuff! Add your name to it if you want one of the ponchos or canteen sets.

Ponchos -
Wild thing - x2
Miyagi - x1
gsfgaz - x1
jacko1066 - x1
raskusdrotti x1

Arctic Canteen sets

Last edited:

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Me for a canteen set please! Any chance of getting the cover to go with it?

Ponchos -
Wild thing - x2
Miyagi - x1
gsfgaz - x1
jacko1066 - x1
raskusdrotti x1

Arctic Canteen sets
raskusdrotti x1
Mike8472 x1

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
A note of warning , cold fluid in one of these will freeze eventually in minus temperatures i think the idea was to put in a warm/hot drink at the start of the day and this would cool during day but not freeze immediately.
also these are old kit now and the stoppers can be a bit brittle they can fracture/shatter if knocked.the stopper is push fit to avoid freezing up of thread.(like cork in swiss volcano flask bottle) other than this refinement im not really sure if they have any great advantage over steel thermos type flasks from elsewhereespecially one with a cork stopper if you can get one. correct me if im wrong -anyone who has used these in arctic conditions? ive only used mine in the uk at relatively mild sub zero conditions (degrees celsius)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE