"Possibles Pouch" whats in yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hoodoo said:
This is more of a mini kit than a possibles pouch (although they are kinda the same thing in a way, eh?) but it's what I carry when I'm hunting and fishing. I also carry a small shirt pocket med kit and a small Ti pot, which nestles easily in my hunting or fishing vest. If I have a small day pack, then I also carry a large space blanket and silnylon poncho or rain jacket. More rope too. I've also been known to carry a knife or two. :)

I have several hip pouch kits I carry as well, depending on location, conditions and what I plan for the day and time of year etc. Most of the time, I mainly need a compass to get my butt out of the woods, usually in the dark.

minikit1c.jpg
Wow, that's a nice set up. Small simple things. :biggthump I wish I had a Tru-Nord compass. It seems a little more robust than my Herbertz. :roll:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Yup, that's one of those intelli keys (or utili keys or whatever they call it). Dang near lost it three or four times carrying it on my key ring. The lock seems to lose it's springiness. But it's great for carrying in the billfold or a small minikit. It's my favorite "minikit knife." You can definitely shave magnesium with it and get plenty of spark from a ferro rod. Plus it's all the tool you need to help you do maintenance on the photon II.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I can see a rash of medicine style possibles pouches - we have the Hoodoo hone and now the Hoodoo neck bag!

Nice kit btw.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The blue tube is a small aluminum tube with vaseline drenched cotton balls inside. Made by Bison something or other I think?? The clear tube I scavenged from Doug Ritter's Pocket Survival Pak. It has safety pins, a needle, fish hooks and a snap swivel inside. The thread, signal mirror, stainless steel snare wire, and duct tape also came from one of Doug's kits. Doug puts nice stuff in his kits. :) The cordage is 100 lb bowfishing line by Mason.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Just to be annoying and tear up this thread again. :wink:

I have added a small green scarf to mine. It's cotton and approx. 50 x 50 cm.
Multiple uses, but primary one will be cleaning and caring for my knives, especially the carbon ones. :wink: :D

Mine is more of a "mountain man" shoulder type possibles pouch. I fact I use a Czech surplus "bread bag" .

It's light brown/dark biege color with a "desert subdued" american flag, Underneath it is a Hood's Woods patch, and to the right of that an OD Bushcraft UK patch!! :biggthump
I have a pic of the front of the bag but I stil can't JPG the pic for posting!! :yikes: :cry:

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Here's my basic kit.

80Poss_kit_1-med.jpg

These live in my jacket pockets rather than a pouch but the principle applies. If all else is left behind, I'll have these with me.

- Silva Ranger compass/clino with traser glowring for reading it in then dark, kept in a neoprene pouch for extra protection.
- Foil blanket
- Inova X5 LED torch in it's own holster plus spare set of batteries
- Windmill stormproof lighter again with a traser keyfob so I don't lose it in the dark
- Lifeboat matches and 3 strikers in a waterproof contact lens pot
- Firesteel, striker and whistle on lanyard
-A couple of maya sticks to help get the fire going in wet weather or as emergency candles

Since the windmill lighter is bombproof and I've a user firesteel on my knife anyway, these are intended as backup. To stop the striker wearing holes in my pockets, I've shrunk some heatshrink tube around it. Same for the firesteel.

I always have an EDC folder or a proper blade on me so there's no need for a separate one in this kit.

Cheers

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Here's a handy tip :

If you buy recordable CD's in a 25 or 50 spindle pack, once you've used them, saw the plastic spindle off the packaging. This gives a robust plastic tube that you can wrap a metre or two of gaffa tape around. Also because they are sealed at one end and hollow you can store matches or small bits and pieces in the tube and plug the end with a cork or wooden stopper. Almost a freebie version of these nifty £30 neck tubes.

If you make a wood or horn stopper for the tube, carve a broad but shallow groove all the way round it, then wrap very thin string or thick cotton around the groove until it stands proud of the groove and makes a good friction fit in the tube. Rub wax or vaseline into the ring of cord to help the seal. This is the same method as used to make a friction fit between the two halves of a wooden recorder (penny whistle type thing). Not as secure as a screw thread and O rings but reasonable and easily maintained.

B

bombadil

My, My....another "possibles" thread! I should have originally posted on this one, instead of starting anew....oh, well.... :roll:
Mine contains:
*SAK
*Appx 10m paracord (plus odds & sods)
*Appx 25m 7mm nylon line
*Fish hooks, shot, swivels and line
*Spyderco doublestuff, ceramic rod and Starkie
*Waterproof matches in safe
*Standard strike-anywhere matches in a shotgun shell
*Tinder bag/spare striker
*Selection of needles/thread (Inc. thick waxed cotton)
*Powdered Yarrow

I've probably forgotton a few bits, but it changes all the time. :headbang:

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
BIG-TARGET said:
Same here, along with a Hood's Woods patch(the school I learned survival) and a "desert"subdued american flag. Also, my Lodge special ordered a "generic" lodge patch for me in case I meet a fellow traveler in the woods. :biggthump

I should be getting the patches sometime soon. :wink:
Sounds like your a patriotic beaver! :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE