possible meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Will bring a bag full of goodies and hopefully some of it will be useful.

Now, which of my whiskys will I bring....... Mmmmmm

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folks just back from aden.

Plenty of fire wood around so just needs collecting.

Just to remind you all that it is not the main camp site next to the caravans it is the uniform site at the bottom.

If anyone needs directions let me know as you cannot reach it by going through the park. You can use the link below to see the exact location of
the site in googlemaps.

http://pininthemap.com/77c76653fb25818b0

Last edited:

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
Things are up in the air for me this weekend. Work is going side ways and a couple of other things have come up at home. Will definitley be across to visit/stay just don't when or for how long. Hopefully will still make Saturday night and will bring something along to eat or drink.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Well folks everything is packed and I am really looking forward to this, I will check again on here tonight and in the morning just in case

See you all tommorow or Saturday

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
me too, all loaded. just need to stop past a shop on the way for some essentials...

Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow and trying a few new skills.

KP

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Packed, repacked, rerepacked, rererepacked and im going pack again. How come 100l aint enough???? Good job im a decent sized guy.

Kids are fine with me. If anyone has a problem with kids you could easily keep them away from the main group.

See you all tomorow or sat.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
No worries about children coming along as far as I am concerned.

Is the camp area far from where we are parking the car by the way? If so might re-consider the lavu (17kg!!)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
hey folks

Chance I have no problems with you bringing your kids,

Kilted pict you can park your car right on site

Ill be leaving at 9 15 so will check back here before then.

Craig

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Hi guys

Just wanted to say a big "Thankyou" to CBJ for organising the 1st NE Scotland meet at Aden Country Park and to the rest of you for sharing skills, knowledge and banter; it was great to meet y'all and have a yarn around the fire. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. I'll also look forward to seeing some of the photos up on the site, if they come out.

Cheers for now

Dingus Magee & dog ;)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Copy that. Feeling very lucky to have had a 1:1 ratio of outdoor professionals to enthusiastic amateurs.
Hope to post star-finder chart tomorrow.

Chance, Boy & Boy's chum

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thanks have to go to you all for turning up and making it a really great weekend.

Ill start a pic thread tommorow (as I can hardly keep my eyes open now).

Right my mystical powers tell me that something in the spring would be good if you are all up for it. LOL

again it was great to meet you all and learn so much in so short a time

Last edited:

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
As a first meet, it could have been any better. CBJ you deserve a bushcraft medal of honour for getting us all together. Im absolutely shattered now but was worth it. Iv learned something from everyone that came, even the young boys have the art of toasting marshmallows well learned. Pics tomorrow but i know there must be a few good ones there.

Spring would be fantastic CBJ, count me in.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Really chuffed the N.E. Meet finally got off the ground- many thanks to CBJ for your efforts and to all who could make it.

It was great to put faces to avatars and lots learned in a short time.

A spring meet sounds good- birch tapping anyone?

Will put up pics as soon as I can.

All the best,

KP

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Give me a few days, I'll tidy this up and add simple instructions.
pointer.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE