N.E.Scotland meet ( Glen Tanar)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I wonder if anyone else following the meet has had the same woodworm problems as KiltedPict noticed in his wooden crate?
I've since had a report from another attendee of a hole in a piece of 4x2 which, measured using a nail, was 18mm deep.
Bugling, for some reason, appears to encourage proliferation.

bugle_worm.jpg

(earlier evidence in tongue-and-groove)

I appear to have discovered a new strain...

IMAG1418.jpg

...all I can say is 'POTATOES!' :D

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
While protective gear can be a good idea... it's never as good as protective gear and using the tool in the correct manner!
Is this the point at which I say "a blunt knife is safer than a sharp one"... and sit back and count the posts until someone compares me to [insert dictator of choice]?

And nickliv, it's irresponsible to encourage the mixture of cider and sharps; with or without Kevlar or Dyneema.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Spot on. Anyone else had a go at the cider?
No to cider. We did just make nettle soup thickened with pignut, to go with beech/lime/hawthorn/ramson/dandelion salad; but it didn't last long enough to ferment.

Prompted by your question, I've gone and found where Mrs Chance had been hiding last year's, thankfully unexploded, seabuckthornade. Without tasting it (being TT), how can I tell if that's the smell of carbon dioxide or fizzy vinegar?

CO2 being famously acetic in its odour.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Stand the unopened bottle in a bowl with a lit tealight in it, and see if the tealight gutters when you open it?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE