possible meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi.

I can make the Fri 20-Sun 22nd weekend. Thanks in advance for your efforts at organising this by the way.

As for fires, I'm happy with my Woodland Edge and Honey stoves, but not adverse to an open fire if the ground is suitable.

Crafts- I was at the Crannog Centre last week and got an ember first go, but was too enthusiastic blowing on it and did not catch- would love to have another go at friction fire lighting . Keen to see any other crafts too.

KP

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey all,

Np kiltedpict hopefully everyone can make it on the day,

Looks like Fri 20-Sun 22nd august is going to be the best dates.

I will post some pics of the site when I get back from the meeting tommorow.

Thanks
Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
UPDATE::

Great news folks just got back from Aden and the site is very nice.
It is the static camp site wich has a big open space and is surrounded by trees.

Drinking water: There is a tap onsite which is for drinking ,washing water etc and also has a pit for slops waste etc which we will get the key for.
Parking : We will be allowed to bring cars right on site and will be given a key and padlock so that we can lock up the gate when we wish.
Fires : Any type fire is allowed
Wood/fuel : We can collect as much dead wood as we want
Plant/animals : As long as there is no trapping and common sense is used we can explore as we wish.
parachute : We are allowed to collect what we need for the chute and any other tasks.
Toilets : We will have to dig a pit (or any other means) as the toilets will be closed unless its the daytime and you could use the public ones further up the park

There is plenty of room for tents, tarps, Hammocks etc (though we will need to clear some space for the hammocks in the stands of trees next to the open area and you can hear the road on the one side.

After 10pm the park is closed to the public so it will be quiet then.

There is a lot of area to explore.

1z4lc3o.jpg

2vt88ye.jpg

30uty7l.jpg

2uonn6s.jpg

ezrj94.jpg

14pogw.jpg

2ytpite.jpg

x1nlub.jpg

1rbztx.jpg

Note: On Sunday the 22nd august the scottissh pipe band is being held although that is on the other side of the park.

Is that ok with everybody???

Obviously as we will have the site to ourselfs anyone who wants to come is welcome.

Feedback Appriciated

Thanks

Craig

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
Craig,
Excellent work mate and I will definitely be there, can only manage the Sta night but looking forward to it. I stay pretty close by, so if I can help let me know and I'll do my best.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Glad you will be able to make it mate . I just hope we can get enough numbers to make it worthwhile

Thanks

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok Folks the booking for the site has been confirmed so we are all set to go. We will have the uniform campsite all to ourselves as nobody else has booked for that weekend.

I am putting in a paragraph from the confirmation letter just to let everyone know what is expected in regards to cleaning up etc.

"Use of the area is of course subject to our usual conditions in that the area must be cleared on completion of the event and any damage to grass areas made good to our satisfaction etc. You will be responsible for any tidying-up. You will also be responsible for any Health & Safety issues prior to and during your event."

Pretty straight forward and if we make a good impression it will stand us in good stead for future use of the site.

I will start a list and anybody can add there name to it and confirm nearer to the time or as soon as they know. Also if there is any particular activities anyone wants to do we can try and get it sorted.

1. CBJ

thanks

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey folks,

I now have confirmation that David Brown (ranger for aberdeenshire) will be able to come along and show us a thing or two.

Also here is the postcode for the site which I have forgot to put in and the postcode for the nearest A+E.

Mintlaw - Aden Country Park : AB42 8FQ
Peterhead Hospital : AB42 2XB

Thanks

Craig

Last edited:

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
Hi Craig,

Count the 2 of us in. We are having to move North in September, and we are up & down a lot at mo looking for accomodation etc. So some trees & a break with you guys
fits well.
G:campfire:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folk heres the list of people so far:

Could you please confirm when possible

CBJ
Kiltedpict
Ironside
St Jon TBC
Andy_e TBC
Charleslockerbie
Pandabean TBC

Thanks

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Count me in, for Friday at least- hopefully the sat as well but wont know till nearer the time.....

Now, what to pack..........?

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Good work CBJ! Glad somebody took on the task of organising a meet for us nor'easters lol ;) I'll be coming along, but have no special bushcraft skills to share...just an opportunity to meet other like-minded folk in my area and enjoy the craic around the fire :)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Glad you can make it mate,

Hopefully we will all learn something and have a good time,

I am making up some bow drill kits for us to play around with and will be bringing my big char tin along aswell.
Also if you have a buckle belt (the wider the better) The ranger will be showing us tips on stropping with a belt and is bring several sharpening stones aswell.

Any ideas on things we can do please fell free to say and we can sort something out.

thanks

Craig

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Almost missed this through inattention: keen, but will need to 'check dates' (i.e. ask Mrs Chance).
Would it be bad manners to PM the Aberdeenshires?

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi Chance,

Would be great if you can make it. I dont mind at all if you pm , As long as I know who is coming a couple of days before .

thanks

Craig

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Will be there fri and most of sat. dont know yet what im working sunday so dont know when i will have to leave, if im lucky i might be able to stay sat night. Anything i should bring?, other than my kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE