What combat boots do the UK Military wear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
When the army got rid of them the Navy picked them up as a bargain. A comfortable boot unless there is a hint of a bit of moisture.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
There are two main desert boots issued now, one by haix and one by meindl. The haix fit me better so I used them. These two are classed as high liability boots, essentially just used to denote extra support for carrying load over distance.

Theres also Itturi boots however they fall apart quite quickly so not popular.

Before that we had Lowas and Magnums. Paras were scaled for 2 pairs of the Lowas, however we usually got a pair of the magnums also. There was also meindls on issue then, but lowas were far more popular.

Before that we had a desert version of the assault boots, and whatever civvy boot you could buy (US troops had far better boots).

Before that we went over there in jungle boots which worked surprisingly well.

The issue Aku clones are good however they're goretex lined so not used as desert boots, you can get civvy aku boots that are unlined and work very well.

Nic 1084

Jan 21, 2013
Berkeley, Glos
I was lucky in my time in the Army... initially DMS, then combat high... unfortunately these were not wide enough for my feet so told to pop out and buy myself black leather military looking boots no more than 125 quid.... PX trip and 2 x pairs of Matterhorns! brill. later had Lowas as they made them in a wide fitting. I have never had issued Altbergs from the army but my riot boots, motorbike boots and two pairs for hiking/beating are all alt bergs and bloody good they are too!

Gave me a good chuckle when I read that lowers were too heavy... used to do the fitness tests in boots! also when carrying a full began, spare batts for radios, Ammo and some dems kit, the extra few ounces in your boots matter not

May 24, 2006
Hampshire
I have a pair of AltBerg Defenders which I find moderately uncomfortable as they don't seem to flex enough, perhaps I just haven't worn them in yet.
It is of note that, whatever MoD issue at great cost, the squaddies tend to buy something different then sell off their issue kit on eBay, which is where my Defenders came from! Perhaps we should ask current squadddies what they're buying today. (ARRSE)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
he UK military was using several different types of combat boots depending on the branch and specific requirements. Some commonly mentioned brands for combat boots used by the UK military include:

1. *Mod deleted brand* is known for manufacturing durable and high-quality boots, including models like the *Mod deleted brand* and *Mod deleted brand* Combat Boot.
  2. *Mod deleted brand* is a British boot manufacturer that produces military-grade footwear. The *Mod deleted brand* is often mentioned as a popular choice for UK military personnel.
It's important to note that the specific boot models and brands used by the military may vary over time and depend on factors such as contracts, procurement decisions, and individual unit preferences. For the most accurate and up-to-date information on the combat boots currently worn by the UK military, it is best to consult official military sources or contact the relevant authorities directly.
Why has this post been edited, please?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Well it is a great relieve then that the navy never comes in contact with moisture..
At sea we had our 'steaming bats'. Short ankle boot in a very unflattering shape. They were uncomfortable as hell until the soles were about worn through then it was like a skating rink on wet decks and you had to get rid of them. Due to Matelots being prone to dropping heavy weights they were steel toe capped. The sheer pain inflicted standing on a steel deck in the winter with the cold transmitted from your toes to your soul was excrutiating.

• Sad
Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE