Poor old Bowie knife in need of new clothes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have that knife!

It's a William Rogers of Sheffield. I always understood it to be a Scout Knife.

Mine belonged to my Dad as a boy so I guess they must have been doing them in the 40's? It came to me in 1978.

Lovely sheath! Mine is in its original leather one but not great and the handle is a bit loose. I have thought about getting it restored but apparently the riveting on the scales makes it difficult.

Lovely job.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks all and thank you Dougster the elbow is getting there.

I will also not be held responsible for you lot going and out buying old Bowie knives. ;)

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't bump this thread Hamish!

I'm in lust with that rig - it has such a solid, practical feel to it. I do think Dwardo or Hillbill or someone should make and sell something of the sort. A real solid, practical knife in a no nonsense pancake sheath. Not a whittling knife - a utility tool.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Don't bump this thread Hamish!

I'm in lust with that rig - it has such a solid, practical feel to it. I do think Dwardo or Hillbill or someone should make and sell something of the sort. A real solid, practical knife in a no nonsense pancake sheath. Not a whittling knife - a utility tool.

Metal working is not my thing at all Red but I rekon Hillbill could knock something up similar but with a modern twist ;)

Cheers Hamish bud:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE