Poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
or even an IPK (Individual Protection Kit),

about a fiver it contains:

a large olive green tarpaulin
6 alloy tent pegs
and a heap load of white nylon cord.
and instructions on how to build your own bunker :roll:

Jan 17, 2005
USA
I use a white nylon "snow" poncho I bought for a few dollars as unissued surplus. I think it's German army but I'm not certain. It's a little lighter than the U.S. Army model and mine was genuinely waterproof - some U.S. army ponchos that got into the system (and foreign copies) do not meet spec and leak water).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
IPK sheets are water and tearproof. You will not rip one of these easily. I also saw somewhere those little clips from womens suspender belts being used to construct a shelter with those reflective foil blankets.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
spamel said:
IPK sheets are water and tearproof. You will not rip one of these easily. I also saw somewhere those little clips from womens suspender belts being used to construct a shelter with those reflective foil blankets.
Now where did i put that suspender belt :yikes: OOOPS!!!!!! Thats a top tip make sure the missus has her tackle on during bushcraft as an emergency shelter may be required, and if you ask her and she wallops you dont blame me :shock: ,Hey tell her it could save her life :naughty:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
spamel said:

They come in RAF SURVIVAL KIT MARK 4 too - actually a really good idea for easy tear materials.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
spamel said:

Top Idea Mate :biggthump

The other two ways I can think of off hand are to twist the corner and tie a simple overhand knot in it, then tie you guyline round that or put a small pebble/pine cone etc in the corner, tie it into a sort of small sack and then tie your guyline round this....

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
When I improvise a basha with poly I use a hangmans noose (jack ketch knot)to tie on the corners, it seems to hold well and is easy to undo again after. Just fold back the corner a little and slide the pre tied knot over and pull tight, if you use a stone or similar to make a lump make sure it is smooth so it doesnt cut the material, or use something soft,moss or cloth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE