Polish Nessmuk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I just got this in the post yesterday
02.jpg

and I'm really impressed with it. It has a really soild feel and seems to be pretty bulletproof construction. It is really sharp and will probably develop a nice convex edge over time. I've also managed to cut some nice fine slices of salami with it.
The only issue is that the blade is very thick - probably close to 5mm at the thickest point and it seems like all his knives are like this.
The maker is TLIM and he is a nice guy to deal with. However there is no paypal in Poland so it can be a little difficult to pay unless you have a credit card. I've also been communicating in my limited Polish so I don't know what his english is like, I think he made a couple of posts on bladeforums though.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
The price is better than a similar maker in Britain or the US but is still probably over 1/3 of the average monthly wage here!
Can't wait to get using it :)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
The tang isn't tapered or lightened. It is just a simple full tang.
For dollars you can look up the exact rate but as a guide this is about right
6 Zlotych =1 GBP
3 Zloty = 1USD
4 Zloty = Eur

Oct 5, 2006
Cheshire, UK
sam_acw said:
For dollars you can look up the exact rate but as a guide this is about right
1 Polish Zlote=
6 GBP
3 USD
4 Eur

Um, perhaps you mean expressed as fractions?

Checking on Google the conversion rates are more like:

1 Polish zloty = 1/6 of a GBP, 1/3 of a USD and 1/4 of Euro

Or, 1 Polish zloty = 0.17 GBP = 0.32 USD = 0.25 Euro

Good tip with Google is, if you know the abbreviation for the currency you can check direct from the search page. Type the following into the Google text field and click search for an example:
Code:
49.99 pln in gbp
Lovely looking knife BTW, congratulations. :)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Yes Fishd is right, I am stupid. It is about 6 to the Pound, 4 to the Euro and 3 to the dollar. Not the other way around. Sorry :eek:

Oct 5, 2006
Cheshire, UK
sam_acw said:
Yes Fishd is right, I am stupid. It is about 6 to the Pound, 4 to the Euro and 3 to the dollar. Not the other way around. Sorry :eek:

No, no... just having spent a few days recently in Warsaw I guess it's a little fresher in my mind :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE